My bottom libbip is on the flobor

by statia on May 24, 2004

There’s no better way to end one of the shittiest days by having to go to the dentist to get a filling. I can’t really complain. I haven’t had any cavities in a long time, and my dentist completely rocks. I’m extremely lucky to have a good set of choppers all things considered. My parents both have sucky teeth, in that they’ve always had problems with nerves, and abcesses and stuff. I also didn’t go to the dentist for years because my childhood dentist was such an asshole. So much so, that when I first started going to my dentist seven years ago, I was cowering in fear on the chair. My dentist is proud of the type of patient that I’ve become. It really helps that he’s easy going.

But my lip is still numb from novacaine. I’ve had to eat dinner (cereal), brush my teeth and drink water, all with half of my face numb. Let me tell you, it wasn’t pretty.

Princess May 24, 2004 at 11:06 pm

Sorry, kiddo – after my hellacious tooth experiences this year, I totally feel for ya.
Oh, and that Cosby routine – he did it when he came to Seattle – laughed so hard tears were streaming… streaming, I tell you, down my fubbace….

Pamela May 24, 2004 at 11:14 pm

Maybe we had the same childhood dentist! Played classical music all the while drilling you non stop with no novacaine, laughing gas, zero, right…? “We’re ALMOST done… ”
Geez I STILL cower, but luckily as an adult we can pick the dentist of our own choice…

Say “She’s a bad mamajam-ma” three times fast…

sledge May 25, 2004 at 12:41 am

Ouchie, duder.

Anyways, i love the subject line. One of the best cosby skits ever!

PJay May 25, 2004 at 6:11 am

May not have been pretty, but I’ll bet it was damn fun!!

shaunacat May 25, 2004 at 11:26 am

OMG the worst part about being numb like that is when you look in the mirror and realize you’re drooling on yourself, and every asshole you’ve been talking to doesn’t mention it.

lisa May 25, 2004 at 8:19 pm

I hope you didn’t eat with anyone. That would have been a gross sight to see. Well watching you eat is gross anyways.. you gotta be careful a person could lose a finger when ur eating.