I’m not lovin’ it

by statia on May 10, 2004

Everyone’s been talking about these McGriddles from McDonalds and just how damn good they are. I’m all about a good breakfast sandwich, especially when I’ve got a hangover going on. Yesterday was a doozy too. It’d been awhile since I’ve had a hangover that good, or bad as the case may be. I figured it was a good time to give the McGriddle a try.

The ol’ stomach didn’t really like that too much and started to put the reverse warning signal on. Thankfully, it stayed down, but not after I ate a whole box of peppermints and some altoids gum. It was touch and go for awhile.

Really, I gotta say the McGriddle didn’t do it for me. Even before I started feeling like I was going to hurl, it just wasn’t that great. I don’t really like my eggs and cheese to taste like pancakes with the syrup already mixed in. I think next time, I’ll stick with the tried and true Egg Mcmuffin.

another ed May 10, 2004 at 8:22 pm

I had one before they were marketing them heavily- the name sounded good. I had no idea they had pancake buns injected with syrup. I nearly choked and died- it was horrible. By far the worst thing McDs has ever crapped out- i have no idea how people stomache them.

I feel very strongly about this.

Empress May 10, 2004 at 8:39 pm

I’ve only ever had one but it was just the sausage – no eggs, no cheese. That way, it was very much like Perkins’ pigs in a blanket and there’s nothing wrong with that! You’re supposed to eat sausage with syrup and pancakes, right?? (Personally, I think Egg McMuffins taste like ass so maybe there are two camps…)

fran May 10, 2004 at 8:50 pm

I’ve found Burger King’s equivalent of McGirddles are far superior…

Just don’t ask me why I visited Burger King to begin with….

Oh okay! I was desperate! There you happy now?! :P

buddha May 10, 2004 at 9:59 pm

McGriddles are da bomb baby!!
That’s all I have to say about that.

jess May 10, 2004 at 10:55 pm

Ever since I was prego with Cameron the old Mc Donald’s breakfast don’t mix .

shaunacat May 11, 2004 at 8:47 am

I have to agree…I was expecting something really wonderful, and ended up being totally grossed out. There was just something about it tasting like syrup without actually having any – that and the smell of those things is terrible!!

Bring on the Burger King Crossiants anyday!

Princess May 11, 2004 at 1:08 pm

Apparently they’re for people who don’t like the taste of eggs and feel a need to disguise them with… syrup.

*puke*

robyn May 11, 2004 at 6:20 pm

Todd loves those things — but give me a good ol’ Egg McMuffin any damn time. Nothing beats the original. Even if they bake a happy face or corporate logo in it.

jay May 11, 2004 at 8:30 pm

Ohh, I love these, I just get egg and sausage however, I dont like cheese on any of my breakfast sandwiches

Kevin May 12, 2004 at 10:32 am

Ditto the gag factor. My fear is that these damn McGriddles are going to be too popular and the beloved Sausage McMuffin will be the casualty.

Ash May 12, 2004 at 10:56 am

I used to love them…that is, until I found a long ass hair in the egg once.

Firebrand May 15, 2004 at 8:52 am

You either love ‘em or you hate ‘em….. me? I ♥ ‘em! :)