Spic n’ Span

by statia on April 3, 2004

One of the best things about having a dog, is that you never have to clean up a spill. I’ll never have an ant problem that’s for sure.

In other ponderments, I want a lawn jockey.

Update: Since so many of you asked, I scrounged up a picture of a lawn jockey. Don’t say I never gave ya nuthin’.

ed April 4, 2004 at 4:21 am

what’s a lawn jockey?

tony April 4, 2004 at 5:22 am

Kick ass! Those could be the 5 greatest words ever uttered in blog history. Seriously.

I actually looked into one of those as a housewarming present for my little brother. If I remember, they’re remarkably expensive.

Would this help?

munin April 4, 2004 at 10:24 am

i was just about to ask the same question what’s a lawn jockey?

jay April 4, 2004 at 10:36 am

Dontcha need a lawn for a lawn jockey? Or were you just gonna stick him in the bathroom so you can hang your panties and bras from his arms? :)

kat April 4, 2004 at 10:42 am

Lawn jockeys in FLA will get your house egged up or worse. But I have considered getting a whole managerie of pink flamingos to annoy my neighbors with.

Camille April 4, 2004 at 9:36 pm

Oh man! I wish I had a picture of this lawn jockey our friends have. They received it at a White Elephant Holiday party. Damn! It is fun-e!

Natalie April 4, 2004 at 11:39 pm

Who wants to break it to Jay that most women just don’t wander around their apartments looking for random places to hang their undergarments?

Why is it that somehow, some way, everything relates back to our bras and underwear? Seriously? Like: “We fed a bunch of starving, ballsless Baklavian children!” Response: “That’s great! Now you have more time to run around in your bra and underwear!”

Anyway, I dig the lawn jockey. In fact, I want one, along with one of those all-black sillhouettes of a dude smoking a pipe, and a little wooden cut out of a fat lady bending over, wearing polka dotted knickers.

grace April 5, 2004 at 12:05 am

haha, I’ve never seen one with muddy shoes! Now that’s a hard working lawn jockey!

ed April 5, 2004 at 9:25 am

bwahahahahaha…..i remember those..a couple of my neighbors used to have them.