She’s so lucky

by statia on April 19, 2004

The last ten years of my life haven’t been easy. Granted, they weren’t horrific. My life could have been much worse, and I know that, and for that, I’m grateful. However, life has dealt me more than my fair share of curveballs, often leave me to wondering “seriously, is it ever going to end?” Everytime the sun started to come out, the clouds would rush back in and start to rain. It sucked. I hate rain.

I know that lifes balances aren’t equal. Some have it easy, some don’t. I’m ok with that. What’s happened to me has made me rock solid. I can stand on my own two feet and dodge a lot of those curveballs. Still, it’s nice to actually catch the break.

I think I’m finally catching that break. I feel so lucky lately. I’m finally letting up on expecting that other shoe to drop. I keep hoping that I don’t wake up from this feeling that feels like a dream.

I’m sure I’ll still get thrown a lot more curveballs. They’re like my “bludgers”, in that they always seem to come back and find me, and try and knock me down. Hopefully, now, they’ll just be as if I’m getting hit with nerf balls instead.

amber April 19, 2004 at 11:31 am

“Waiting for the other shoe to drop”… I find myself doing that a little too much lately. I’ve finally become apathetic to the whole thing, because I forgot that at least with my life, it’s not just a pair of shoes, it’s a whole damn Payless.

Hey Lisa April 19, 2004 at 11:35 am

I can totally relate to that post. Glad things are looking up for you.

Princess April 19, 2004 at 11:38 am

Parallel paths again, my cuz! I noticed a couple days ago that everything is opening up for me – I’m lucky, I’m happy – and I don’t need to carry around all the stuff I’ve been holding onto for so long.

Buh-bye, baggage. *NERF!*

Ari April 19, 2004 at 12:50 pm

I hear ya, and agree with you, Just remember sometimes when like feels like nerf balls the harder the fall can be. Not that it will be bad. Great things also happen from tragedy. I had just lost a friend and life couldn’t get worse and I met my wife a few weeks later. Never thought that could happen, but it did. So make the best out of it no matter what is happening in life.

Melissa April 19, 2004 at 4:25 pm

“What are you trying to tell me? That I can dodge bullets?”

“No. I’m trying to tell you that when you’re ready, you won’t have to.”
;)

Enjoy your good fortune. :)

Pamela April 19, 2004 at 6:54 pm

Always keep yer eye on the ball…

grace April 19, 2004 at 11:57 pm

Sometimes you’re windshield, sometimes you’re the bug. Sometimes you’re the Louisville Slugger, sometimes you’re the ball….

Although I’m not doing such a great job of dodging and deflecting these days, I can totally relate to that feeling. I hope you embrace it and just enjoy.

*Nerfs Sporty*

jjjjb April 20, 2004 at 3:41 pm

Curve balls are tricky, but but once you figure them out you can hit them a long way. The next time you feel a curve ball coming, scratch yourself, knock the dirt out of your cleats, and step into the batters box with a snarl. The scratching part is optional, but all the hitters do it.

another ed April 20, 2004 at 6:52 pm

I feel that way myself. you get so used to stuff going south you kind of feel akward when stuff starts going your way.

It’s good tho- weird, but good.

the_lush_one April 26, 2004 at 4:18 pm

Anyone ever told you that you get what you ask for. If you expect it to come you will get knocked off your broom.