go shorty, it’s yo birthday

by statia on April 7, 2004

A while back, I talked about getting my hair cut short. Yeah, you can see I weigh things out way too much, because my hair is still long. I have a couple of different ideas, and I’m really not sure what to do. Here’s my current hair style:

(click to biggen)

The quality isn’t great, sorry, it was taken with my phone.

Here are the two ideas I’ve had for hair styles….

(only a little longer, and not blonde)

or…..

Eh? I’m not really sure. What do you think?

M@ April 7, 2004 at 9:30 am

I say go with the Reese, and what happened to the color? Wasn’t it red a couple of weeks ago?

sporty April 7, 2004 at 9:33 am

It’s still red, but the lighting in here sucks. It looks blondish brown under the flourescent lights.

Ash April 7, 2004 at 9:39 am

Yep! I vote for Reese also.

buddha April 7, 2004 at 9:50 am

Okay..not to sound like I “swing on the other side of the vine” but I say go with the shorter look that Reese has.
Of course I’m more partial to shorter hair and I think it would be too much of a shock for you to go through.

Go with something “middle of the road”. You know…feathered back with layers and bangs…lol

sphinxy April 7, 2004 at 9:55 am

I vote Jennifer Aniston!!!

theresa April 7, 2004 at 9:57 am

I like Reese’s style, and your face shape seems most similar to hers.

And I do the same thing.. I talk about getting my haircut for weeks or months before I actually do it. It’s like telling other people I’ll do it gets me psyched up for it or something.

Hey Lisa April 7, 2004 at 10:12 am

I love the cut Reese has, and I think the Jennifer Aniston look is nice too. How’s that for decisive? If you’re looking for a big change, go short. You’ll be happy and carefree for a little while, and if you hate it it will always grow back, right?

emily April 7, 2004 at 10:17 am

I think Reese too… but go for it and make it really short :)

ericalynn April 7, 2004 at 10:38 am

reese, most definitely.

rickg April 7, 2004 at 11:07 am

Short would definitely suit the shape of your face very well (um, that was a compliment, k?)

tricia April 7, 2004 at 11:11 am

Reese!

ed April 7, 2004 at 11:54 am

I say Reese too. I always hear people saying they’re getting the Jennifer Aniston cut, but I’ve never heard the Witherspoon. Give the poor girl some support.

jay April 7, 2004 at 12:18 pm

As a guy I prefer a womans hair to be on the longer side rather than short. Reese would look nice if you got it about shoulder length. The JA hair seems really close to what you have now and I dont see anything wrong with what you have. Now after my saying that you are probably going to get a crew cut. :)

Maggie April 7, 2004 at 12:24 pm

I like the Reese, too, but I can tell you from having tried to do that kind of thing that it will take you about an hour with hair gunk, hair dryer and all sorts of styling apparatii to get it to look intentional. Otherwise, it’ll just look, well, ragged. And not in a good way.

That is, of course, assuming that
a) your hair is as mean as mine (very fine & a lot of it – doesn’t like to be told what to do)
b) you mind spending that kind of time… I hate spending more than about 5 minutes getting ready to go out unless it’s for a special occasion.

But yeah, I do prefer that one.

sledge April 7, 2004 at 12:47 pm

I’ve got a set of clippers. Want to shave it all off? Low maintenance hair, dude!

nastybastard April 7, 2004 at 1:29 pm

Jennifer

Mac April 7, 2004 at 2:22 pm

Reese! And shorter, not longer.

Mark April 7, 2004 at 2:49 pm

As long as you don’t think the upkeep will be a huge pain in the ass I’d say whack it.

SJW April 7, 2004 at 4:20 pm

Short is adorable and a real attention magnet! You’ll love it! Besides, with short hair, your stylist should charge you less when you get your color/roots touched up. If not, my stylist will. Heh.

courtnee April 7, 2004 at 6:23 pm

I would say longer first before going shorter. See if you like your hair a little shorter and if you want it shorter you will be comfortable and cut more off.

Isnt cutting it off in stages easier to deal with? lol I mean I have cut all my hair off many times and always go from to my lower back to below my shoulders and then above my shoulders. Works for me.

In the end though I agree Reese’s look is best.

Pamela April 7, 2004 at 7:23 pm

The “Reese” look will drive you bonkers as it grows out. You have all one length on the top now, which means you can pull it away from your face in the hot weather. Why not a long layered slightly shorter version of what you have now.
Check this out: http://kittenboard.com/kitten/scans/magazines/hair.jpg

Bottom left, BUFFY

fran April 7, 2004 at 7:29 pm

Definetely keep it long, you’ve got nice hair and should flaunt it. I have no idea what the hell Mss Pitt is wearing there, looks like a small furry animal…

On the other hand, I don’t care for RW’s hairdo. Not her best one. But if you are thinking a little longer than what hers is, and NOT blonde, I say go for the first, only make sure it is a little bit long than THAT cause it’s not that GOOD….

munin April 7, 2004 at 10:19 pm

I’m partial to long hair so I’m going to vote Aniston. but the Reese look is super cute too.

mikey April 7, 2004 at 10:19 pm

i think you should get a “farrah” look. dude, the feather is coming back in style!

Lisa April 7, 2004 at 11:42 pm

Reese

robyn April 8, 2004 at 1:52 am

Every time I get a variation of the Reese cut, I wonder why in the hell I didn’t do it sooner… Go for it!

furryslug April 15, 2004 at 11:44 pm

Having hair is a full time job!

Christ on a crutch! I replied to Statia’s hair question saying that I find with the kind o’ hair I have, both styles would be a full 2 hours of work in the morning. I just ran across this article…

Louise April 20, 2004 at 5:55 pm

I’m going through the same kind of thing… How are you supposed to know what your hair will look like cut a certain way, unless it’s actually cut, and then it’s too late to turn back if it sucks. So tomorrow I am going to go try on wigs to see what I’d actually look like in different styles.