Taking back nuclear

by statia on March 9, 2004

I did something today. Something that’s been long time coming. Today, after ten years of being eligble, I registered to vote. It took long enough. You want to know why I never registered? The sole reason? I didn’t want to get picked for jury duty. Lame, I know. I just never felt the desire to. I can’t really explain why. I also never complained about who was in office, because I didn’t vote. It was just kind of a non issue for me.

Until recently. Bush is an asshole. I hate the guy as a person, and as a leader to this country. Even if they say every vote counts, and it really doesn’t. I want to believe that my one little vote could have the power to keep a fucktard like him out of office. I could go on about the many things I hate about him, and what has become wrong with this country over the last 3 years since he took office, but my political beliefs have always been just that, my own political beliefs.

I feel better knowing that I could be a part of a grand scheme to get dubya out of office and hopefully start an upward change.

matt March 9, 2004 at 2:15 pm

around here they have started using the BMV records for jury duty, so if you have a drivers license you are now eligible to be called in.

theresa March 9, 2004 at 2:36 pm

I’m 22 and I’m not registered to vote, but I’m thinking that might change this year. Bush has inspired me to want to register to vote just to get him out of office, so he’s done at least one good thing, right? :)

Adelle March 9, 2004 at 2:52 pm

I look at it this way – Look how many votes Al Gore lost by in Fla. VERY LITTLE! So if that many people voted, which in the scheme of things is not very many people, we would not have to be dealing with this asshole. Also, I look at it like this – We are lucky enough to have this opportunity, whereas other people in other countries are not.

Wow, I was getting “deep” there for a second. I better stop :)

kat March 9, 2004 at 3:03 pm

Good for you. Every vote does count. Just look at the mistakes here in FLA. We had to count all those hanging chads because every single one of them was a person who voted.

fran March 9, 2004 at 3:35 pm

Reads in newspaper headlines:

“Statia readies to vote”

Bush Beware. Be very beware… :P

mac March 9, 2004 at 10:08 pm

I don’t want to sound goofy or stupid, but girlie, I’m so proud of you right now I could smooch you. *grin* Good on you! I’ll buy you a drink next time we go out.

stinkerbell March 15, 2004 at 12:00 pm

good for you! and dont forget to vote

and FYI to those who are trying to avoid it, almost all states now use DMV records for jury duty.