I need to wake up, put on my makeup

by statia on March 4, 2004

I keep myself on a pretty tight morning schedule. Up at 6, take the dog for a walk, in the shower by 6:20, make up, get the gym bag ready, feed G-dog, get dressed, hair, out the dog one more time and out the door by 7:15. Being a girl, this is some sort of record. I can’t pull this off on a day that I don’t have anything going on. If I can manage to do it, so can other women.

Why. WHY must you put your makeup on while driving? Seriously, it takes me all of five minutes to put my makeup on in the morning. It pisses me off when I get behind some jackass that’s swerving back and forth because she’s putting on eyeshadow. My work drive isn’t something I want to be doing leisurely, waiting for you to poke your eye out.

Well, except maybe for that last part.

KB March 4, 2004 at 12:12 pm

It’s so refreshing to read a woman that shares my view on that. Amen! My wife decided to cut her hair and get one of those cute Meg Ryan cuts. She gets up an extra 15 minutes just to do it…

mikey March 4, 2004 at 12:26 pm

hear hear! i swear, i wanna shoot those people.

them, and the ones who read the paper while they’re driving. no, seriously! i see that all the time.

i guess people don’t realize that they’re driving around what amounts to a big weapon, capable of causing a lot of damage and killing people, when not used properly.

emily March 4, 2004 at 12:38 pm

I just don’t bother with makeup most of the time. I don’t feel like I need it. And when i do, it takes very little time.

SJW March 4, 2004 at 12:39 pm

Flossing while driving thru the University District (think crowded, car-cluttered streets) – that’s my personal favorite.

me March 4, 2004 at 12:51 pm

ew. just ew.

ed March 4, 2004 at 3:38 pm

my girlfriend’s father is a lieutenant in the police force back in NY – he told me once that the official term for that is “farting”.

I swear! ;-)

e

another ed March 4, 2004 at 6:07 pm

My wife puts hers on while I drive. It may not cause other people problems but it freaks me the heck out. I keep thinking we’re one squirrel-in-the-road from her getting the nickname “lefty.”

fran March 4, 2004 at 6:16 pm

I am impressed. I get very little done in the morning. Of course, I go to bed at 11pm-11:30pm and I am one of those folks that need 9 hours of sleep to function….bleh….

Julie March 4, 2004 at 6:40 pm

I totally agree. I actually got rear-ended by a woman a couple of years back b/c of this. We were sitting in traffic and i kept looking in my rearview watching her putting on her makeup (almost knowing what was going to happen) and then WHAM! She nailed me. I was fuming when I got out of the car. I actually made her cry and her “just applied mascara” came running down her face!

Camille Cooper March 4, 2004 at 8:33 pm

I know! I hate that shit. It takes me about 5-10 minutes to do my makeup, so I am in total agreement with you. And not just makeup, hair too. I see people in rollers driving down the road putting on their makeup. Get up earlier damnit and get dressed BEFORE you leave the house!!!

SJW March 5, 2004 at 11:02 am

Julie – you make me so proud, SO PROUD!