I hope I don’t walk into a taco stand thinking it’s a voting booth

by statia on March 31, 2004

A few weeks ago, I had finally gotten fed up enough to actually register to vote. I sent off my little voter registration form and all that jazz. I finally got my voter registration card in the mail. I feel like I’m part of a secret club and everything. Woo! Ok, maybe not. Either way, it’s official:

(click to biggen)

If I get chosen for jury duty, I’m kicking someone’s mother fucking ass.

sledge March 31, 2004 at 8:07 pm

You get a card? Heck, here in the ass-backwards state of Ohio all you have to do is walk into the polling place, tell the 99 year old lady who can’t hear your name and address (without showing verification), and *blammo* you get your card to go vote in the booth.

M@ March 31, 2004 at 8:43 pm

the quit using voting records for jury duty here, now they just use the BMV records, so if you drive you’re screwed.

courtnee April 1, 2004 at 8:14 am

I found my cure for jury duty….. I work in the jail as an officer, I can’t serve on juries. lol I love it. However, the downside I can get pulled in for a witness. arghh but that is short and sweet, better then sitting on a jury for days… weeks.

mac April 1, 2004 at 8:25 am

I’m as giddy as a schoolgirl. Heeeee!

Maggie April 1, 2004 at 4:50 pm

You have to declare party enrolment when you register to vote?

Does that strike anyone else as .. odd? I mean, if you vote against your declared preference, do they call you later and ask you what the hell you thought you were doing?

Why should you have to tell them what party you belong to (if any) just to get the right to vote?

Amy April 2, 2004 at 7:42 pm

Hey, I just got my Montgomery County card this week, too! Wild!

HR Lady April 5, 2004 at 10:20 am

I’ve been told that just about everywhere they no longer rely on voter registration, they go to drivers’ license records.