Don’t make me angry. You wouldn’t like me when I’m angry.

by statia on March 23, 2004

While I was on the phone last night, I came to the realization, that most people haven’t seen me angry. I mean, truly angry. They’ve seen me pissed off and bitch about various things. Being angry and being pissed off, are two different things entirely. Some people have a hair trigger and get angry easily. They fly off the handle, start shit, get in people’s faces. Maybe it’s over something stupid, or maybe it’s not. I learned over the last couple of years, that I’m generally pretty laid back, and it takes a lot to push my buttons. Yes, I’m one pissy bitch, that generally hates the human race as a whole, and I will incessantly bitch about them and their stupidity, but it’s just a venting mechanism. Over the years I’ve learned to let many things roll off my back, else I’d end up going into a blind rage. Learning to keep that in check over the years has been hard. When I was younger, I was more inclined to just snap at random. Looking back, I know my sister suffered my wrath a number of times. Oddly, I can maybe remember a couple of those incidents. That anger is the type that makes you completely forget what the hell you just did. Like being another person. It’s actually pretty scary when you think about it. Maybe people can see that, and just don’t really try to piss me off.

Maybe one of these days I’ll flip the hell out and hijack a tank and star running people over.

Maybe I’ll just remain a cantankerous bitch that just bitches about entire population of stupid people.

tony March 23, 2004 at 9:41 am

“They fly off the handle, start shit, get in people’s faces.”

Okay, I REALLY thought that said “get in people’s feces”. I need a nap.

Don’t hit me, please!

jen March 23, 2004 at 9:55 am

you’re one cranky bitch.

no wonder i love you. ;-)

buddha March 23, 2004 at 10:29 am

wait a tick…are you saying that you’ve matured?

Wendy March 23, 2004 at 10:36 am

If it’s really about flipping the hell out and hijacking a tank and start running people over, I might suggest a round or two of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. That’s exactly how I put an end to most of my days, and it makes me feel quite happy when I wake up.

I know it’s not really about that, but it’s still fun.

ericalynn March 23, 2004 at 10:41 am

I am pretty much the same way… I like to get things out in the open rather quickly when I’m just a little upset, so it doesn’t build up into something much more angry later on. Every now and then, though, I absolutely lose it… hasn’t happened in a long time, but if it were to happen I can pretty much pinpoint that it would have something to do with someone in my family, for sure.

SJW March 23, 2004 at 11:09 am

It’s not something I’m at all proud of, but I completely lost it when I was in CT planning for our wedding. It was the morning of my bridal shower, we (parents, mother-in-law, friends) had just left church and the mothers were starting in on each other about the ceremony – the tension between them was pissing me off and I think I staged an all out screamfest in the church parking lot just to divert their attention away from each other.

It worked.

My mother refused to speak to me for the rest of the day.

tricia March 23, 2004 at 12:55 pm

TANK!!!!!!

another ed March 23, 2004 at 1:43 pm

It’s good to always keep the BIG anger tucked away. When only one or two people ahve ever witnessed it, it becomes kind of a mythological beast- a thing of folklore. And the mere threat of it hanging in the air is enough to get the job done.