I wish I may, I wish I might.

by statia on February 2, 2004

About a month ago, I went to order something off of my wishlist. Now, when I had moved, I went in and changed my wishlist to reflect my new address. When I went to order something at the beginning of the year, it was mysteriously changed back to my old address. Now, I’ve had a couple of people send me stuff to my new address, so I know that it saved the changes. I emailed amazon support and tried to get answers to the situation.

After about two weeks of going back and forth with them, I’ve come to realize that the people at amazon are incompetent fucking asshats that have absolutely no comprehension of anything. Even simple short sentences.

It’s a good thing I noticed it, or I might not have gotten the book I ordered.

Anyway, has anyone had this happen to them? My new address was loaded in there for well over a month or more.

Nick February 2, 2004 at 11:24 am

Yeah, but, it was with Buy.Com

They’re a bunch of asshats as well.

john February 2, 2004 at 12:50 pm

I’ve had trouble with Amazon and my credit card info. I buy stuff for work from them with a company card and everytime I purchase something they default to a different card/address combo. I’ve also delete cards from my account, but they popup later.

Mike February 2, 2004 at 1:52 pm

Sounds like they need a better database admin.

fran February 2, 2004 at 1:57 pm

Yes, I’ve had a similar problem with my credit card information. I have two credit cards on my file because I deleted one and added a different one except that it never deleted the first one and I keep deleting it but it keeps coming back…heh

David February 2, 2004 at 2:35 pm

i like your use of the word ‘asshats’…i cant say ive heard that word before

jay February 2, 2004 at 6:44 pm

I’d have to look to double check but did you use 1-click to buy? I remember I bought something from Amazon and didn’t use 1-Click and changed my address to my new one but the last time I bought something it was with 1-Click and it was still the old one. DOH!

Bonnie February 2, 2004 at 8:20 pm

I’ve never had any of the problems mentioned, but there was a time when my wishlist disappeared for several weeks. How depressing is that if you can’t have your dreams?

kellen February 3, 2004 at 10:44 am

amazon sucks balls. they’ve screwed up my last three orders, telling me they’ve shipped and i’ve received them, when i haven’t. i really hate that there’s no person to talk to.

rickg February 3, 2004 at 12:47 pm

You probably already know this, but those aren’t Amazon employees; they outsource their support. Does that clear things up a bit?

Trish February 4, 2004 at 12:13 am

I know that when I updated my info at amazon, I now have 2 choices to choose from… I don’t know if this is the same? I have my previous info, and my newly updated info- so I had to reset the default.

I haven’t ordered from amazon in a year or so. A lot of this could be new, too. :\, sorry to hear about your troubles.