I love Paris in the springtime.

by statia on February 22, 2004

I can’t believe it’s over.

Spoilers below

I should have guessed the predictability. The happy ending. We all want the happy ending of course, but I’d be curious to see what the other two endings that were written, were about. It never occured to me all of this time that we never knew Big’s name.

I can’t say that I’m not happy with the way it ended. It was so very knight in shining armor ish though.

Still, I’m going to miss the show.

Adelle February 22, 2004 at 10:12 pm

I wanted the whole knight in shining armor thing, I have to say… And the name? I am kinda surprised with the name. After calling him BIG all of these years, I thought it would be something…well, Bigger. :)

jewdez February 22, 2004 at 10:20 pm

Oh girl, I so loved the ending! It was perfect. I just don’t know what to do next weekend!

raven February 22, 2004 at 11:02 pm

Oh girl I was all choked up the WHOLE time. I loved the finale, but HATED to see it all come to an end.

yoshi February 23, 2004 at 12:27 am

Ack. it ended and I missed it! /sigh I need to have HBO again.

stinkerbell February 23, 2004 at 10:22 am

you arent the only one who will miss the show. I havent seen any of this season part/ half season.

I will have to wait and see how long DVD takes to come out until then I read the little bits and pieces I can find…

Sigh.

corgibuddy February 23, 2004 at 11:15 am

I thought it was a nice ending, but like you, I’m hoping the alternate endings will be available (maybe on the DVD once it’s released.)

;D

Stephanie February 23, 2004 at 12:31 pm

I actually cried. Hard to believe, but I did. What I liked about the show was that each character came to a resolution, and Carrie & Big – well, that’s just the icing. I think I was actually happier for the others, but still very satisfied that Carrie was reunited with her four true loves.

sphinx February 23, 2004 at 7:02 pm

I thought the ending was predictable but I suppose it was ohmmage to the show and what people really wanted to see.

I’m sad to see it go, but am so ready for the next season of the Sopranos and Six Feet Under.

Stacey February 23, 2004 at 11:55 pm

For some reason, I thought his name would be Peter.
And how about the accidental slap? He didnt seem overly sorry like he could have been. Or as sorry as he would have been had it been me he slapped. Hell, I’ve sent men to jail for such things.

Christine February 25, 2004 at 4:30 pm

Sarah Jessica Parker was on the Today show this morning. She said what the other two endings were. (Since I’ve finally seen the last episode now, I could watch the interview.) One was that they wrapped it up, just her and the girls. No guy involved, she was just single. The other one was that the Russian came back from Paris to get her, and she was with him.

I realized during the episode that we have never really heard how the 4 of them met or got together as a group. They just … are. I guess that’s what made it easy to feel like you were almost one of them.

Iki February 26, 2004 at 1:34 am

I saw an interview with Chris Noth and he said they had one where, when he came to Paris and found Carrie there and told her she’s the one, she said “It’s too late” and walked away from him. That must have been the one where it’s just the four of them at the end.