And it opened up my mind

by statia on February 24, 2004

For the life of me, I’ve got Ace of Base’s The Sign stuck in my head, and I can’t get it out. It’s making me mental.

Despite a bunch of broken stuff here at work (including myself). I’m in a rather cheery mood. It could be because I did something all sneaky like last night. Heh.

buddha February 24, 2004 at 10:54 am

A little sneaky eh?…
you had a steak and drank a soda didn’t you?

matt February 24, 2004 at 10:55 am

did you see the video on vh1 the other night? they were talking about really bad swedish music videos.

emily February 24, 2004 at 10:56 am

I hate you for putting that song in my head. Hate. You. Grrr. >:(

Sarah February 24, 2004 at 11:10 am

I USE MS PAINT!

Ari February 24, 2004 at 11:11 am

And the eggs, i put them in them in and crash.

stinkerbell February 24, 2004 at 12:05 pm

oh I am going to hurt you if I ever meet you for putting that hideous Swedish band song in my head. Isnt it bad enough I have lived in Scandinavia and been subjected to that (and Abba) there.

Cathy February 24, 2004 at 1:05 pm

thats a great song…first cd i bought..hehe

unmute February 24, 2004 at 1:49 pm

but you know of course that life is demanding without understanding.

sledge February 24, 2004 at 2:01 pm

I’ll go one step deeper:

“Ice Ice Baby” is currently lodged in the cranium and I can’t get it out!

Mike February 24, 2004 at 2:45 pm

The sneaky thing you did was sneak into my dreams. I dreamed I was getting hammered at your place, sitting on a recliner and wearing PJs with footies. She was on the floor in front of me, and facing me from the other side of the room was a bunch of people I went to high school with but didn’t know much at all. They were watching me like I was an exhibit at a zoo. I don’t know the high school people and I don’t know either of you. It was fucked up…don’t do it again.

tj February 24, 2004 at 5:05 pm

i never really understood that song … did she, or didn’t she, see that sign?

Kevin February 24, 2004 at 8:23 pm

C’mon…out with the secret! Or, maybe it’s not a secret but –as you know– I missed quite a bit last night! :-)

Pauly D February 25, 2004 at 1:38 am

I love Ace of Base.

But I didn’t used to love them. I used to like them until my car’s CD player got the album stuck in there and I didn’t have enough money to fix it, so I had to spend the whole summer living with their damn CD. So, after awhile, people who would ride in my car would say, “Man, you really must LOVE Ace of Base – you listen to them ALL THE TIME.”

So, due to peer pressure, I agreed.

Feisty Girl February 25, 2004 at 4:40 am

It’s from that commercial! And the worst part is, I can’t remember the product, but there is a stupid commercial running the song on it! Same thing happened to me. Grrrrr.

Deltus February 25, 2004 at 12:40 pm

There’s worse songs to get stuck in your craw. The Sesame Street Theme, now *there’s* a bugger to get rid of.

tricia February 26, 2004 at 5:53 pm

Just incase it got out of your head since you posted this…

I saw the sign and it opened up my eyes I saw the sign
Life is demanding without understanding
I saw the sign and it opened up my eyes I saw the sign
No one’s gonna drag you up to get into the light where you belong
But where do you belong

bwhahaha… and YAY for beaing sneaky!! ::Dr. Evil face::

Zaldor March 2, 2004 at 9:17 pm

ARGH! I just scanned the entry, and now I’ve got ‘The Sign’ stuck in my head!!! I saw the sign…. I opened up my …. Nooooooooo make it stop!!