Stupid Asshole DVD player

by statia on January 31, 2004

The last time I used my dvd player was over Christmas vacation, which was what, about a month ago? It worked just fine.

I rented a few dvd’s tonight because I’m starting to get sick, and it’s cold out. I figured I’d just stay in.

My god damn dvd player doesn’t work. How the hell could it not work between Christmas and now? I haven’t moved it, I haven’t touched it. Hell, I barely even looked at it. It’s not like I’ve been using it for batting practice.

Sonofabitch.

sphinx January 31, 2004 at 10:31 pm

I’d be willing to bet Gromit has something to do with it. Last time I was there he looked at me like, “hey watch how pissed she gets when I do THIS.”

mikey January 31, 2004 at 11:15 pm

it’s not working because it feels neglected.

Nick February 1, 2004 at 12:08 am

It’s a conspiracy by the govt. to pump up the economy by sending in agents while we sleep to destroy our seldom used possessions.

Honest!

Mike February 1, 2004 at 12:14 am

Hmm…dust? Power surge?

Elves?

Annessa February 1, 2004 at 12:58 am

*whispers to her 5-disc DVD player* Don’t ever be a bitch like Sistah’s player.

Dude, that sucks. Maybe it’s on strike? Not enough pr0n?

Kevin February 1, 2004 at 9:50 am

Why so ‘glass half empty’?! The movies probably suck ass anyway! You should thank your DVD player. :)

Hope you feel better soon. Who delivers chicken soup?

Pamela February 1, 2004 at 5:57 pm

I have a CD walkman that acted similarly. It would not budge- I was looking for the receipt for it, then I finageled a small button (other than on/off) , and voila, she is werkeeng. Play with innocent looking buttons?

Chris February 1, 2004 at 6:18 pm

Had a similar problem with mine. Had to pull the lid off and give the disk a spin to get it started. Finally discovered that it was overheating because it was on top of the TV. Haven’t had a problem with it since. (for what it’s worth)

Camille February 1, 2004 at 9:50 pm

OrbitJuice February 3, 2004 at 10:30 am

Razor Burn

I hate shaving. Really I do. It’s the biggest pain in the ass.

I’ll shave at most once a week and being that I am unemployed, I’ll only shave when needed (to meet a potential employer).

I was about to meet with one last week and needle…