I’m going to love him, hug him, and squeeze him and call him George

by statia on January 30, 2004

I found out that a friend of mine took a pretty nasty spill on her back deck while it was snowing on Tuesday. Enough to render her unconcious for about 20-25 minutes. Mind you, it was well below freezing, and it was snowing. I’m sure she didn’t have her coat on because she walked all of 6 feet to call her dog. I know I don’t wear my coat when I take the dog outside to the backyard for less than 2 minutes. Apparently, she whacked her head pretty good. She damaged a couple of teeth, ended up with a concussion, and stitches in her head. She lives by herself, and not really in an urban area. It’s a development, but spread out.

I think her one saving grace was her dog. I don’t know how long she’d have been out there, if her dog wasn’t out there licking her face.

It’s like that commercial that Mekhi Phifer does on Animal Planet, “You think you know dogs?”

They never cease to amaze me.

livie January 30, 2004 at 10:18 am

I love my dog more than anything. Now i know this is mean, but my brother and i would pretend to fall down on the floor so Bella would come ‘save’ us by licking our faces and wagging her tail. even though she is just a chunky little bichon, i always feel safe and loved when she’s there!

Lisa January 30, 2004 at 10:34 am

Awww, what a good dog! I’m glad your friend will be ok. How scary!

unmute January 30, 2004 at 10:37 am

i have nothing to add except that falling down sucks, especially when you break stuff on your body.

mikey January 30, 2004 at 10:59 am

yet another reason to live in san diego… you knock yourself out for 20 minutes when you’re outside, you just wake up with weird tan lines.

seriously, glad your friend is ok. let me guess which dog is getting a steak dinner tonight?

jewdez January 30, 2004 at 1:51 pm

Hope your friend recovers soon!

David January 30, 2004 at 3:28 pm

i love the title for your post…i worked at special needs camp and i had a camper who was seriously just like elmira…she picked up a crawdad and hugged it until it pinched her

Mike January 30, 2004 at 7:06 pm

Try getting that from a cat. Prissy bastards.

Well wishes to your friend, and a friendly scratch behind the ears to the doggie.

Mike January 30, 2004 at 7:14 pm

Isn’t that a Bugs Bunny cartoon quote? The one with the Abominable Snowman?…