Feelin’ hot hot hot

by statia on January 25, 2004

Remember when I was having issues with the gas portion of my energy bill? I figured I’d just hold off on paying it because I knew that it couldn’t be right. Last month my bill almost doubled from $141 in October/November to $241 in November/December. That was just the gas portion alone. You can pretty much safely assume that I freaked out. Especially given the size of this place. My neighbors place is twice the size an their bills were ranging from $37 to $45 over the last two months. I knew something couldn’t be right. So my bitching had Peco come out today and put a meter reader on my gas furnace so that they could to an actual reading. Apparently, I already had one on there, and the neighbors didn’t. DOH. They weren’t too happy to find out that they had switched things around.

Of course, I on the other hand, was extremely happy. I knew there was no way my bills were that high.

Sarah January 25, 2004 at 2:22 am

I knew they’d swapped you two out, I KNEW it!

Sorry I didn’t call tonight. I just got home and I didn’t think you’d want a call right now. :-)

tricia January 25, 2004 at 2:36 am

Hah. Stupid gas compaines. Them paying $40 just made no sense. Good things come from bitching.

Sweety January 25, 2004 at 4:14 am

THAT’s a good start of the weekend :)

Lisa January 25, 2004 at 3:33 pm

I’m glad you got that straightened out finally! What a mess.

Kenna in PA January 25, 2004 at 4:19 pm

PECO seems to have a problem with that- got the in-law-suite addition on our house mixed up with the main house and ended up giving us a $700 credit from last year. But it took them 4 months of my bitching to get them out here and I then took the guy by the hand and showed him which one was mine. Made the guy renting the back angry- but hey, we want him to leave anyway. And it is obvious as to which meter belongs to which house (110 y/o house and 30 y/o addition. hmm)- PECO needs to pull thier heads out.

Kenn January 26, 2004 at 8:16 am

Ahhh yes. The dreaded gas bill. Mine was also $141 last time around. This time it looks like about $155 if my calculations are correct.

It’s bad off everywhere this year. AND, our gas company is on strike! Yikes! What the hell is gonna happen next month?

Spring. Think spring!

Reminds me of Vincent Gardenia in The Super. “A lot can happen in three months. Like Spring!”

Mac January 26, 2004 at 11:17 am

Haha!!!! I’m glad it got straightened out.

robyn January 26, 2004 at 12:47 pm

Hell yeah! PECO sucks — glad you kept fighting them!