Sometimes you wanna go, where everybody knows your name.

by statia on December 7, 2003

Mother nature decided to dump a few inches of snow on us. Enough to hinder plans and make things messy for the weekend. It didn’t let up until yesterday sometime. It was the perfect night to be within walking distance to bars, and restaurants. It was a good night to hang out with friends and just have a good time. Which is exactly what I did. Probably a little too much. Living upstairs from boys who still want to live the frat boy life, is a bit dangerous.

We’ve taken to falling in love with the corner bar. A block away, sort of one of those bars you walk by and from the outside think that it’s going to be a local type of establishment that will generate that local yocal type crowd, and you find yourself surprised when you walk in. Last night about 20 of us, hung out there all night due to the inclimate weather. The roads were freezing over, and it was about 16° with the wind chill. Our plans of heading downtown got nixed as everyone was having a blast taking over this little bar, and making friends with some new people in the neighborhood our age. The music isn’t too loud, and the crowd is just the right size.

I’m beginning to feel like Clif Claven.

JaxVenus December 7, 2003 at 8:30 pm

I love bars like that. I hate going to clubs, unless I’m in a big dancing mood or something. I much prefer neighborhood, hole-in-the-wall type bars where you can just hang out, drink a few, shoot some pool, and can actually hear yourself think and attempt a conversation. The neighborhood bars I used to frequent when I was younger, and still in Mass, were mostly pits and likely to have their share of bikers in them, but we had the best time!

kat December 7, 2003 at 9:17 pm

Sounds like a good time and place to hang out.
I love the nw holiday look here too. :) Very nice.

buddha December 7, 2003 at 10:25 pm

Nothing beats haning out with good friends at a local bar. That’s usually where all the fun takes place.

BTW, “Clif”…Name three people that have never been in my living room. (classic episode)

adi December 7, 2003 at 10:33 pm

It’s ok to feel like Cliff, just don’t look like him. We like you looking as you do ;)

Camille December 7, 2003 at 10:54 pm

sounds like fun!

Jenn December 8, 2003 at 12:25 am

Hey!! I ran into your site some how and I love it. I just moved from the Burlington, NJ area a month ago, back to Florida, so I missed the snow action. Love the diary. Hope you dont mind me tagging along. Please feel free to do the same. Love the pic with the stetson on. :)

fran December 8, 2003 at 12:41 am

Cliff!

Man, we had rain all weekend long this weekend, but nothing compared to what you guys had over at the East end…thankfully…

Keep warm…. :]

David December 8, 2003 at 1:15 am

hey i was just watching Cheers

Tip December 8, 2003 at 9:34 am

Hey,
Yes, I am alive and well. New squeeze has kept me busy. Call sometimes and we will chat. Sounds like the new apt and bar are working out well. See, I can send nice emails.

Tip

Stephanie December 8, 2003 at 10:55 am

Yo Cliffie!

BSTommy December 8, 2003 at 10:56 am

I had a bar like that once. It was two blocks from my apartment. Very rarely were there ever more than 20 people there at a time. I wouldn’t call myself a regular in the Cliff Claven sense but I was there enough to know a few names, and for mine to be known.

Unfortunately, it closed summer before last. Something about “all assets being seized by the I.R.S.” It hasn’t opened again.

I’d like that again. Not even a big drinker, but it’s like the song says….where everybody knows your name….

sledge December 8, 2003 at 1:50 pm

Cliff: It’s a little know fact that 42% of deaths in America are caused by accidents in the home.
Carla: So were you.