Say Hello, to friends you know, and everyone you meet

by statia on December 9, 2003

Despite the fact that I have the worst splitting headache that even advil won’t cure, and I feel like I’m having a heart attack, I’m in a pretty good mood. Maybe I’m just punchy, I don’t know. I went out to the post office at lunch today, and waited in line for about 35 minutes. Not that I was particularly pleased, but it really made me laugh as I watched people act so pissy and impatient, especially when they got all the way up there and found out something had been packaged wrong. Going to the post office often enough has it’s advantages. The one lady, knows who I am. She packaged an odd sized package for me, no problem. After that, I headed over to The Sofa Source, per Mac’s suggestion, and I think that unless I find a 3 piece sectional, I’m still going to have the same issue that I did with a single sofa. I think in general, all sofa’s are about the same length, and it’s the length that always gets you…. *snicker*

Finally, after wasting an hour and a half, I headed to the mall to get a salad for lunch, and the guy at the salad place was all cheery, and “anything for you” nice. I paid, and jammed my cash in my coat pocket (or would that be jacket Mikey?), and while I went to grab for my keys, my cash must have fallen out, because this nice old lady stopped me and gave me my cash back. All the while, she’s chattering away about how she has a daughter and to be careful, and “bye dear, have a Merry Christmas.”

It was so rare for people around here that even though it was shocking, it put me in such a good mood.

It takes a lot more effort to be a dick than it does to be cordial and happy. No wonder so many people are stressed out all the time.

kat December 9, 2003 at 5:19 pm

It’s all that extra work they have to do. Glad you had a kinda good day. :)

David December 9, 2003 at 10:15 pm

today i dropped about 2 dollars in change and a 7 year old kid gave it to me…i love kids

Nick December 9, 2003 at 10:40 pm

Gotta love little old ladies. It’s good to see some honest people around.

John December 10, 2003 at 3:06 am

Hey,

I found your site by accident and spent a while surfing through, thanks for the read.

My name is John and I live in Calgary, Alberta Canada and I have family that live in Rockwood, PA.

It never ceases to amaze me at how small this world is.

Any how, I think you’re pretty cool and this is coming from a fellow ADD personality. I see you put all your extra energy into your website. Me, I collect music and work as a club/rave DJ and it seems to help me channel. I also have a dog, her name is Porsche and she’s a 3 yr old Great Dane. I used to have a website up with all this stuff on it but I just got back from travelling across the U.S. in an RV, so the site became dysfunctional.

Well, I don’t want to come across as being too flakey or worse yet, creepy so I’ll say bye now.

Drop me a line anytime, if you feel the inkling.

CIAO,

John Landry (aka JonSpade)

Jonathan December 10, 2003 at 5:16 am

Whoa. WHOA! All sofas are not roughly the same length, really. You have to be pretty careful and selective because if you go into a furniture store assuming that you might just get the surprise of your life and wind up with a midget sofa that’ll be of no practical use.

Jack Hodgson December 10, 2003 at 12:24 pm

It may be different for you, but…

I find Advil is good for activity induced muscle aches, but for headaches Excedrin Extra Strength (aka Excedrin Migraine) is the best.

– Jack, the over-the-counter drug geek

mikey December 10, 2003 at 3:15 pm

coat yes, jacket no. doesn’t matter either way, since i live in a climate where i don’t need either of ‘em.

but you will never, ever get me to say “sneakers”. never.