Restoration Hardrape.

by statia on December 8, 2003

I had this dilemma with my sofa when I moved into my new digs. They ended up bringing it through the window about 5 days later.

I’ve always hated this sofa. It was more my exes choice than mine. Actually, I think he wanted to be carried out on it. It’s not really my style. It’s wicked comfortable, but not my style. After this whole sofa not fitting up my steps dilemma, what do you think I’m going to do? Get a new sofa. That’s right, it’s time. I’ve been looking around for a while now. I pretty much think I’m going to need to get a sectional, with my stairs issue. I’m ok with that, I like snuggling up in the corner of sectionals with a lot of pillows. I’m looking for something like this:

Which is from Restoration Hardware . If you know anything about Restoration Hardware, you know that it’s bend-over-and-take-it-in-the-pooper-with-sawdust expensive. I’m not paying 3 grand for a single sectional, but this style, with the high arms and such, is what I’m looking for. So, does anyone out there know of a place that would sell stuff that would be like, knock offs of that stuff, or something that’s similar to the picture above? I like simplicity. I want something that will play off the rest of my decor easily.

mikey December 8, 2003 at 2:23 pm

i dunno about sofas, but i might be able to find you a decent couch somewhere…

btezra December 8, 2003 at 2:24 pm

…looks damn comfy to me…

buddha December 8, 2003 at 2:32 pm

I’m actually going to be pseudo serious here..
-Morgantown Furniture Outlet
or
-If you know the maker of the furniture and serial number there is a place in North Carolina that will sell it at cost. Not retail.

Let me know if you need more details..

unmute December 8, 2003 at 3:02 pm

this is my favorite, if i were to get furniture. i have no idea if that’s more or less than gaystoration hardware. (whaaat?)

Mac December 8, 2003 at 3:23 pm

You know what I have to say: get yourself to a Sofa Source. I recall you said they just opened one near you, right?

TPB, Esq. December 8, 2003 at 3:30 pm

You might want to try Expo Design Center (owned by Home Depot) or The Great Indoors. They’re usually reasonably priced, and have decent furniture.

fran December 8, 2003 at 4:01 pm

I know a few places, but it’d do you no good since they are all in L.A.

However, you can vist Wendy and I anytime, our couches are very comfortable… :D

Good luck finding something reasonable. You may want to try, btw, looking into the yellow pages for warehouse outlets in the city. They’ve got the best prices. And one tip, if it says warehouse outlet but the building looks something like out Rodeo Dr. then they are just messing with you, it’s got to look like a warehouse in order to have wholesale prices…does that make sense? Hmmm

Pamela December 8, 2003 at 6:55 pm

with… sawdust?
I’ll take door #3…

sphinxy December 8, 2003 at 8:00 pm

Hey whatever we can do to avoid the up the pooper with sawdust situation….

jen December 8, 2003 at 9:38 pm

i don’t have any great suggstions for you, but i DO love that couch/sofa/place to find money between the cushions in that picture.

Big Bri December 8, 2003 at 10:08 pm

Unfortunately for you, I do know of a place…

Boston Interiors

They sell all the same stuff as those places without the name tags… of course the gas to get it back might take the bargain out of it.

b December 9, 2003 at 9:21 am

filenes!
cheap and the same style.

Will December 9, 2003 at 10:32 am

La-Z-Boy makes some of the most comfortable furniture for the price. I have one of their sleeper sofas and I love passing out on it. The queen-size fold-out is almost as comfortable as my own bed, too. I think their “Westbrook” sectional is what you’re looking for.

tj December 9, 2003 at 10:36 am

no, but i got yer sawdust right here!

*squirm*

The Mighty Jimbo December 9, 2003 at 10:58 am

that description was “wicked” nasty.

saw dust?

(shudder.)

jim December 9, 2003 at 4:27 pm

I need to see the rest of the room to make an informed suggestion! (i.e. how simple is simple)

ericalynn December 9, 2003 at 4:27 pm

I am spacing on the name now (I know, what a help) but there’s a place in BUcks County which is incredible.. fantastic prices for stuff you’d find in Restoration Hardware… free delivery, the whole nine yards. If you’re up to it, I’d definitely go with you.

robyn December 10, 2003 at 4:29 am

When I bought furniture for my apartment up there, I actually bought it all in Delaware. (No sales tax, obviously.) And to keep my business and to keep me from going back to Philly to purchase it they threw in free delivery. So at least you might be able to bargain and save a few more bucks that way. Good luck!

Zuly December 10, 2003 at 11:24 am

There’s a place in north jersey called Suburban Furniture that has sectionals like that and I don’t think they are that expensive… Mine’s a sectional and I didn’t pay that much for it and I got it there.