And I knew in a moment, it must be saint nick

by statia on December 22, 2003

Santa came. Santa came!!! With bells on!!! I got a new skin for Christmas done by the lovely sphinxy and blogmoxie. It’s a Keith Haring skin, who is one of my favorite artists. I love it I love it I love it IIIIIIIIIIIIII llllllove it. [/helen madden, licensed joyologist]

Sarah December 22, 2003 at 11:35 am

I am kicking my paisley pumped heel over my head for you right now! I love this!!

KB December 22, 2003 at 1:03 pm

I love Haring artwork. It reminds me of my days when I used to hang out in the Village. I was constantly at his gallery. Timeless classics. Shweet skin!

sledge December 22, 2003 at 1:20 pm

You might want to fix the link on the image – there’s an extra “http://”. ;)

statia December 22, 2003 at 1:41 pm

Sonofa……. fixed now.

sledge December 22, 2003 at 1:49 pm

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet. BTW, I like the skin. It’s uber-good.

robyn December 22, 2003 at 3:21 pm

They really have to quit making the rest of us look bad. It’s just not fair. Looooooove it!

Joelle December 22, 2003 at 4:24 pm

This is really adorable. :)

buddha December 22, 2003 at 5:26 pm

Nice…very nice indeed!!

Kevin December 22, 2003 at 5:56 pm

Very, very sweeeeeet! Damn, that sphinxy has some mad skillz!

PDawg December 22, 2003 at 6:32 pm

Keith Haring went to my high school, although a few years before I did. However, I did have the opportunity to meet him when I was in junior high, and he signed some stuff for me. I graduated with a cousin or two of his, and as a kid, one of my best friend’s grandmothers was his junior high art teacher; my neighbor growing up as a kid was his high school art teacher, and my 9th grade history teacher’s brother Kermit Oswald was Keith’s best friend.

I can still vividly remember the day Keith’s cousin came in with the new Swatch that Keith had designed. We were all jealous.

Keith was also very generous towards the Special Olympics (Keith’s aunt has Down Syndrome), and the cover art for the “A Very Special Christmas” albums was done because the proceeds benefit the Special Olympics.

It’s kind of cool to see how many people appreciate and enjoy his work, because where once, he was ostracized in this tiny PA Dutch town for being gay, now at the high school, his artwork hangs in the lobby to the auditorium for all to see, and his enormous sculpture of a boy on a dog sits atop the hill in the park.

Lisa December 22, 2003 at 11:13 pm