Time flies when you’re not having fun

by statia on November 24, 2003

It’s hard to believe that it’s been a year since last Thanksgiving. Last year at this time, I was getting myself all ready to take a flight to Robyn and Todd’s for Robyn’s 30th birthday. This year, I’ll be staying homebound and heading over to Mac’s for dinner, which should be fun.

The plus side is that I’ll be able to watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade. Last year, I had to watch football. I think I could have bombed the house last year and their eyes wouldn’t have budged from the screen. In fact, if I remember correctly, I tried to get their attention by flooding the bathroom and running out into the living room half naked. :o P

The one thing I love about Thanksgiving is the parade. I’m not quite sure why. Maybe it’s a nostalgia thing, or maybe it’s what I need to get into the spirit of the holiday. I’ve always associated something with every holiday, and I can’t feel complete until I’ve experienced that association. I even got to go one year, when I was seven. We got to experience it inside, at float level, which was totally awesome. Especially since it was 25 degrees outside that year, with snow on the ground, and everyone else had to stand outside like a schmuck in the freezing cold.

Maybe one year, I’ll get to go again.

tj November 25, 2003 at 11:34 am

i’d love to see it live some year … well, maybe now that i live on the east coast!

fran November 25, 2003 at 1:38 pm

*makes mental note*

“Invite Statia over for Thankgiving next year and watch nothing but football….

p.s.

Make sure bathroom can be clogged easily…”

Ha!

kat November 25, 2003 at 2:35 pm

I love watching the parade too. It started as a family thing at my grandparents who are now long passed and then when I learned that right in front of Macys a long time ago, is where my parents met and fell in love during the parade, I have to watch it every year. It’s just good memories.

nastybastard November 25, 2003 at 3:31 pm

You probably just have a blow up doll fetish… the same one everyone seems to have with Mr. Willy… ;)

Sloth November 25, 2003 at 5:23 pm

Whew, that was close. Whether I am an ass or not was not a conscious choice, so there ain’t no decidin’.

Me likey your site. That’s all I wanted to say.

meegan November 25, 2003 at 5:32 pm

i went a few years ago. i imagine it would be cool if you camped out and got a got yourself a good spot to see everything. but i couldn’t see shit (like the marchers and celebrities and stuff) and ended up waiting forever and a day to see the floats go by.

robyn November 30, 2003 at 9:28 pm

Dude, we WATCHED the parade last year. I watch it every year. I was 5 years old before I realized they didn’t do it for my birthday. Football never starts ’til the Macy’s parade is over. But some people were a little too hungover to be up that early if I recall correctly. ;-)