There’s Fast Food…Then There’s KFC!

by statia on November 9, 2003

I love how they justify eating fast food. KFC is now targeting the low carb lifestyle by going on about how there’s only 11 grams of carbs in original recipe chicken and 40 something grams of protein. That’s all well and good but the commercial shows this guy sitting on the back of a pick up truck where his friend comes up to him, and doesn’t recognize the guy because he’s been eating KFC and has lost weight.

I know if I lived off KFC 24-7, you’d need a crane to get me out of the house.

I don’t know who the marketing brain child was behind that campaign, but I’d be willing to bet that it’ll come back to bite them in the ass the second someone comes up and tries to sue them because they put on a hundred pounds.

robyn November 9, 2003 at 11:44 pm

But did you notice who the blonde guy in the commercial is? Wanna see his “O” face? Oh, oh, oh!

sledge November 10, 2003 at 1:09 am

but then, we need to remember that KFC used to call itself “Kentucky FRIED Chicken”.

Yeah, eating fried food helps you lose weight. And I have land in Arkansas I’d like to sell you!

Zuly November 10, 2003 at 7:42 am

Those commercials have been pissing me off, too. Argh!

Rob November 10, 2003 at 8:49 am

As a vegetarian, I don’t have to worry about this. Instead, I eat a diet far less healthy! I remember when I first became a veggie, I said…no more unhealthy meals…no more fried chicken…so I immediately had a meal of doritos and cheese lasagna.

Yeah, I weigh 800 lbs. ;-)

These commercials still suck!

Jonathan November 10, 2003 at 1:54 pm

I see your fast food and raise you one high metabolism. Bring it on!

gojou November 10, 2003 at 3:30 pm

The REALLY scary thing? Plenty of people will believe it… ’cause if it’s on TV it MUST be true, right?

ericalynn November 10, 2003 at 7:54 pm

can someone please send me that high metabolism?

sphinxy November 10, 2003 at 9:26 pm

I have seen that commercial and thought the same thing. It amazes me those people can sleep at night. A little investigating reveals that 1 Original Recipe Chicken Breast has 19 grams of fat and 370 calories.. for ONE!!!!! ONE!!!!!

Oh and the sneakiest part is, on the KFC website, they have “nutritional” information, which says that is has 3 grams of fat…in tiny teeny print it says (without the skin).

KFC jackholes.

mike November 15, 2003 at 5:12 pm

i miss kfc. i can’t eat the breading, which is a) where the carbs are, and b) why i miss kfc.

i suppose you could eat ANYTHING and lose weight, it’s a matter of volume – and i’m telling you, i can eat VOLUMES of kfc (and did, ergo the diet).

i can see a big old lighted bucket from my front door :-(

Carlos D. Butler November 17, 2003 at 9:27 am

Read the fine print on that commercial. That’s the funny part.

ty November 25, 2003 at 5:25 pm

hi my name is ty
KFC turns me on every time i see a chicken leg.OOOOHHHHH those fries are so hot.
what about those twisters yum,yum