Stones, 24 hours a day

by statia on November 18, 2003

Yesterday, as I was driving to work, I flipped on my favorite morning radio show. That would be Barsky in the morning. I had switched over from Y100 after I had found out that he had his own show back again. He was on y100 when I first moved here six ½ years ago, and has since been bounced around.

I just about had a coronary when I heard Christmas music. That would make this the third station firing up their music around here before Thanksgiving. Just as I thought I had been paralyzed, it got worse when I heard “studies show that people want to hear Christmas music 365 days a year”. Not.Funny. I knew it had to be some sort of sick joke, and it was. They’re changing formats to R&B Hip Hop Britney, Beyonce, Sean Paul shit. Just what this area needs, another top 40 Hip Hop station. I hate it when radio stations change formats.

That’s the worst cheese to be moving. Hell, you just shouldn’t even touch that cheese.

theresa November 18, 2003 at 11:12 pm

I used to love Barsky in the morning. I think he got fired shortly before I moved.

sledge November 18, 2003 at 11:25 pm

I need to stop skimming blogs when I read them – I saw Y100 & “changing formats” and just about had a freaking coronary.

If they switched, that would suck AND blow.

BSTommy November 18, 2003 at 11:45 pm

It’s not been a good year for radio here. The really cool news station suddenly turned hardcore conservative (Liddy/Limbaugh/Michael Savage).

Then, the 80′s rock station played the theme from the Good, the Bad and the Ugly all weekend this past summer, out of the blue. And the next Monday morning they were the 32nd bubblegum country station on my radio dial.

And now the AC/DC and Metallica rock station has become your new home for Your Inoffensive Lite Rock Work Headquarters.

I have, like, 1 radio station that’s worth a damn. I think it’s a conspiracy.

Jonathan November 19, 2003 at 8:19 am

XM *cough* Sirius *cough* die FM radio, die. You’ll be happy to know that Westwood One, the big syndication company is holding off on Christmas music until Thanksgiving. If Clear Channel holds off too, it might save you a few more years before 24/7 Xmas music takes over.

Jay November 19, 2003 at 8:38 am

The same situation happens here. We now have far too many stations palying hip hop or country, as if either extreme is music. Granted, people like the garbage, but enough is enough. Talk radio is also an area where it is without even a moderate voice.

Ari Devin November 19, 2003 at 8:54 am

Up here in the NY Metro area, our old WNEW that used to be a classic rock station, then turned to all talk with Opie and Anthony is now a full time christmas music station. It sucks and is way to early for this crap. They don’t even play the funny songs like the Southpark christmas stuff or grandma got run over by a reindeer. Its 24 X 7 Silent night.

sphinx November 19, 2003 at 10:34 am

Your going to want to choke me but, I actually am liking the christmas music this year for some odd reason. Oh yeah! Because I am mental.

statia November 19, 2003 at 10:43 am

I think all of that snot went to your brain.

SageOne November 19, 2003 at 11:44 am

Just visited your site for the first time. Good shit.

buddha November 19, 2003 at 1:25 pm

I refuse to listen to christmas music before thanksgiving. I’ll listen to 610 WIP until then.
Christmas music before belly full of Turkey just doesn’t work.

T November 21, 2003 at 3:32 pm

I AM DEVISTATED ABOUT THE WHOLE BARSKY SHOW THNG MYSELF. HIP-HOP – I WISH IT WOULD HOP ON OUTTA HE-A. I HEAR THEY MAY CONTINUE THE SHOW IN A FEW WEEKS – HOPE SO

T November 21, 2003 at 3:34 pm

I JUST MIGHT SWITCH TO SATTELITE RADIO…PHILLY STATIONS STINK ANYWARE…..

Tom's Nap Room November 25, 2003 at 8:51 am

Sleigh Bells Ring

Well, I guess it’s fitting that radio stations everywhere are playing Christmas music. We got our first measurable snow last night. It began as a cold stinging rain, and by 10 pm, I looked out the window to see that…

Tom's Nap Room November 25, 2003 at 8:51 am