Chestnuts roasting on an open fire

by statia on November 13, 2003

I’ve come to realize that it’s no wonder that Christmas hasn’t felt like Christmas over the last two years. Because it’s started earlier and earlier over the years. Christmas decorations out in August? What the hell is this all about? We have two radio stations already dedicated to playing Christmas songs 24-7. TWO!! It makes me want to slit my wrists with a plastic butter knife. People have also had their Christmas lights up for weeks. Can we seriously wait until at least the day after Thanksgiving?

In other less exciting news, g-man has started to get comfortable with the metal ramps and doors in the neighborhood and has started walking on them like it’s his J-O-B.

emily November 13, 2003 at 9:01 am

I’m right there with you. I’m a Christmas doesn’t start until after Thanksgiving girl too.

sphinx November 13, 2003 at 9:25 am

Wayne refuses to walk on grates too. He always makes a huge effort to avoid them. Silly.

Mariann November 13, 2003 at 9:29 am

Before you know it, retailers will have Christmas sales starting in July and I’m sure some executive is thinking, Why not just make Christmas year-round? Like Emily, the holiday season does *not* start until after Thanksgiving and any attempt to get me in a jolly spirit prior to that day is rewarded with a stern gaze.

Though, I must confess, that getting my son’s picture taken with Santa *before* Thanksgiving is a heck of a lot less stressfull! ;)

Nick November 13, 2003 at 9:38 am

I have to agree. Christmas stuff shouldn’t be seen until after Thanksgiving. One of my buddies is an intern at the radio station here that is playing nothing but xmas music. We give him so much hell.
Also, my dog will not walk any where near the grates. Very funny to see him jump if he gets too close.

dewnut November 13, 2003 at 10:25 am

Oh, let me tell you a story! My friggin parents are so damned Christmas horney they have made me hate every Christmas song! They used to ALWAYS put the tree up Thanksgiving and then play X-mas music non-stop till New Years *PUKE*

THis year, they put the tree up in September, mainly because they bought a new one and couldnt figure out how to fit in back into the box… YEAH RIGHT… FREAKS!

-good post!
dew

Rob November 13, 2003 at 10:48 am

“Christmas horney”! Hehe! Damn, that’s good. I’ve gotta use that.

Renee November 13, 2003 at 12:41 pm

I know exactly what you mean. I went into target on Tuesday, Veterans Day, and almost fell out when I saw the first 3 aisles with christmas decorations, lights, trees and ornaments. They didn’t even have Turkey Day decorations. I mean why not just have christmas decorations year round, that’s where they are really heading. I used to work in retail and it killed me when they cranked up the holiday music after halloween. Methinks that’s why I’m so anti-social around this time of the year. *harumph* >:(

btezra November 13, 2003 at 1:41 pm

it’s startin’ to look a lot like Christmas…everywhere I go….

/ducks down and runs

sledge November 13, 2003 at 8:24 pm

WAIT.

TWO Christmas stations in Philly?

Dear god, that’s just wrong… and it’s not even thanksgiving. Sounds like some corporate radio owners are playing the “my radio penis is bigger than your radio penis” game, which I hate.

sum1 who stumbled 2 this site looking for xmas lyricz early December 10, 2003 at 4:43 pm

x-mas? hmm… it gets less fun as u get older… mabbe im just less enthused… xmas carols BEFORE HALLOWEEN? thats crazzyyy. i mean… you don’t even start really remembering about christmas until reaally late november.. and thats if ur really enthusiastic. i understand if the lights are all over the house and really bring down.. so u leave it… but don’t put them up b4 thanksgiving… wait… are these lights turned ON ass well? *faints* CRAZY!