You’d think I’d be getting a lot done with no internet or cable.

by statia on October 20, 2003

Let’s revisit why Mondays suck shall we?

2am – g-man wakes up with an ear infection. Rather, he was probably getting an ear infection, and because of all of the commotion, I didn’t notice until it was really bothering him. I feel like a shit heel. I feel even more like a shit heel because in my groggy half catatonic sleep state, I complained to him about wanting to just go to sleep.

6am – It’s still fucking dark and cold as a I walk g-man around the neighborhood.

7:37am – leave house, 15 minutes later than normal, on a new route, on a Monday. Sit in traffic

8:10am – arrive to work 10 minutes late and miss a conference call.

8:20am – Screw up my cream of wheat, debate whipping the now cement like substance at someone’s head.

8:25am – after scraping aforementioned cream of wheat out of the bowl and sandblasting the remnants out, make new bowl.

8:27am – grab for maple syrup, overshoot it a bit so that it goes sliding out of my hand and splatters all over the back of my pants, my chair, my sweater, and the floor.

11:48 – after a two hour meeting, sit in maple syrup (again).

Yeah, it’s been that kind of day.

So my landlord comes over yesterday, asking if he can try to cram the couch up the stairs. Yeah buddy, cause you can fit ten pounds of shit in a five pound bag. Called my neighbor to see how his hungover ass was doing (after picking two of them up the night before from a wedding) and he let me know that g-man had been barking for the past two hours. Lovely. I still don’t have blinds on my bedroom or bathroom windows. The two most important windows. I need closet organization. My face looks like a pizza right now.

I’m complaining, I know. I just want to go home, pass out and not wake up for a week. Unfortunately, I have like 2342534634 rubbermaid containers to unpack.

mikey October 20, 2003 at 1:58 pm

see? that’s what you get when you try to eat cream of wheat.

nothing good ever comes of trying to make oatmeal. that stuff is vile.

sphinx October 20, 2003 at 2:05 pm

Sorry your day sucks so bad. :(

kellen October 20, 2003 at 2:07 pm

here’s to hoping tomorrow is better!

(moving is a bitch!)

theresa October 20, 2003 at 2:18 pm

thank god there’s only one monday per week. tomorrow is bound to be better :)

Chuck October 20, 2003 at 2:23 pm

The landlord should provde blinds for those two windows. In most states they have to.

Worth trying…

buddha October 20, 2003 at 2:28 pm

Here’s hoping you have a better “rest o the week” instead of the hellacious day you are having today.

jim October 20, 2003 at 2:32 pm

monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life…(steven wright).

PSUFRAT October 20, 2003 at 2:38 pm

Yeah, it sucks to be you and having all those feelings of anxiety, not to mention a lack of a sex life. Your only confort is your pet, who you cheerish because its probobly the only living thing on earth that won’t tell you to shut up. Your biggest fear is that people will find out that you’re a fake and a poser. In actuality, you’re just a scared little girl who feels unloved by her family, unrespected by her peers, and undesirable to her would be fantisy lovers. My suggestion to you would be to seek therapy.

statia October 20, 2003 at 2:46 pm

Yeah, because a. I give a shit what people think, and b. that I really am a fake despite what anyone who knows me will tell you. Why don’t you leave a real email address next time you decide to “expose” the real me.

travis October 20, 2003 at 3:41 pm

wishing i could think of something funny to say to cheer you up … instead, i suggest a beer or martini with friends tonight, or maybe a beer and a martini … always does the trick for me.

valley October 20, 2003 at 5:59 pm

Do what I do, pick up the closest thing and throw it, then sit down and cry! I hope your night ends on a good note, and your week gets better and better!

btezra October 20, 2003 at 7:38 pm

Monday=sux ass

jay October 20, 2003 at 8:08 pm

Sorry to hear about your bad day. And apparently PSU doesnt teach spelling.

Solonor October 20, 2003 at 9:14 pm

Finally! Someone tells it like it is. You go, PSUFRAT! We all know what a fake and a poser you are, Statia.

If I were you, I’d cheerish his/her/it’s words like a big clump of hair stuck in maple syrup…

Amy October 20, 2003 at 11:06 pm

Hahaha – you are such a poser, Statia. Fess up!!!

Sorry your day sucked so bad. Hope it got better!

tricia October 21, 2003 at 1:01 am

Tomorrow will be better.

PSU… Ever hear of something called spell check? Try and use it the next time you decide to post something. Maybe then we can all cheerish your post. Loser.

unmute October 21, 2003 at 11:00 am

therapy isn’t all that bad, once you get into the swing of it.

i can sometimes coax a bowl of cream of wheat gone awry back to life by adding a couple coffee creamers to it. not the irish coffee ones, though. *shudder*

and mikey, cream of wheat is to oatmeal what milk is to cottage cheese.

“cheerish the thot