*twitch*

by statia on October 14, 2003

Would it be so wrong to just get up and walk out of a 1½ hour “fifteen” minute meeting? Or would it just be better to shout “enough already, shut the fuck up”?

Did I ever talk about my complete and total disdain for meetings?

Adelle October 14, 2003 at 3:47 pm

Be like me… get up to go to the bathroom and never come back.

Or… bring a cell phone to the meeting and call yourself. It’s VERY important, so you must leave!

Brian October 14, 2003 at 4:12 pm

LOL – I can totally relate! I’m curious about Adelle’s calling oneself trick… (God, it would be so great to be able to do the shouting thing though…)

meegan October 14, 2003 at 4:16 pm

i would shout, “enough already, shut the fuck up” while walking out. this eliminates having to make a decision between two perfectly viable options.

sledge October 14, 2003 at 4:37 pm

meetings SUCK long, and suck hard. i hate ‘em with a passion.

sphinx October 14, 2003 at 5:02 pm

You could start twitching and drooling, then they might just end it early to get away from you.

BSTommy October 14, 2003 at 5:46 pm

We had a meeting that was rescheduled for the day before last Thanksgiving, which coincidentally was to be the first day of my vacation and also the day I was picking my sister up at the airport to come home for Thanksgiving.

I was assured the meeting would last only 90 minutes.

At the beginning of the third hour, I collected my notebooks and materials, and started moving toward the door.

The district manager actually blocked my path, saying “We’re not done.”

Luckily, after I physically scooted her aside, I got away. And thankfully, it was never brought up again. I think it was the crazy look in my eyes.

emily October 15, 2003 at 11:11 am

My vote is for the “shut the fuck up” option. I’ve always wanted to do it, but was afraid I’d get fired. You do it and let me know how it goes, ‘k?

Sexy will do fine, Thanks! October 16, 2003 at 5:32 pm

I have been designing websites for over seven years now. Well, they say u go pro when you get paid. So, I guess I am a pro web designer for about 4 years. LOL. I would love to do the “Shut the fuck up” and walk out. Some of our meetings are so long they actually take place in a bar. A bar!! Well, ok, you got me. The meetings themselves are not too awfully long, per se’. But to have to sit there and try to keep up with the alch….guys at my company can be a little daunting. Home is only a mile away from the meeting place, but damnit, I’m lazy. lol.

Bill