Somebody spilled maple syrup in my coffee

by statia on October 15, 2003

In addition to Mondays, I think that Tuesdays should now also be banned from exsistence. Yesterday, for the most part, was the Tuesday from hell.

Did you ever see a dog after eating a brick of coffee? g-man was higher than a kite yesterday. It really didn’t dawn on me why he was acting all nuts. I’m surprised he slept. Only my dog. Oddly, I know it’s because he senses the change and it’s making him do shit he wouldn’t normally do, like unpack my dishes. I guess he really doesn’t want to move eh?

Looks like we’re going to have to cut him back on the espresso.

sphinx October 15, 2003 at 10:52 am

Gromit on coffee… oh lord.

Annessa October 15, 2003 at 11:23 am

Heh, only get worried when he learns how to make the espresso, which I bet he could.

Mithras October 15, 2003 at 1:41 pm

Oh man, you’re so lucky. Caffeine can kill dogs – that’s why you’re not supposed to make sure they can’t get into chocolate.

Mithras October 15, 2003 at 2:43 pm

Sorry, I was wrong. It’s another compound in chocolate that’s bad for dogs, not the caffeine.

Stevie October 15, 2003 at 7:24 pm

You wouldn’t believe what one of my dogs ate once that he shouldn’t have…
Let’s just say he was mostly passed out on the floor, limp as a cooked noodle and I was stuck with just cigarettes the rest of the night.
He was fine in the end and all I could imagine was him being like the fake Mr. Brady after Alice made the spaghetti sause with ‘his mushrooms’. It wasn’t ‘shrooms the stupid dog ate, but I did start calling him Cheech every so often after that…lol. Dopey dog. (pun wasn’t intended, but-what da hell…)

Stevie October 15, 2003 at 7:26 pm

Am I the only one to notice the correlation between the title of the last post and Gromit’s activities in this one? Does he read your blog?

jay October 15, 2003 at 7:51 pm

It’s not chocolate or caffiene thats bad for dogs its a chemicale called therobromine. Certain substances (chocolate, cola, tea, coffee) have different levels of it and will affect a dogs system differently. Here is an article on the web about it:

Kevin October 15, 2003 at 8:58 pm

I think Gromit deserves a good brick of Joe every once and a while. :)

Kevin October 15, 2003 at 9:00 pm

OFF-TOPIC COMMENT –> Someone I’m married to and I have a ongoing debate about how to pronounce your name. Can you please post it phonetically or record a wav, please?

PS – Make sure I win this because I say your name is pronounced Statia, OK?? ;)

LisaC October 16, 2003 at 12:08 am