Maybe I’ll just get drunk on apple wine

by statia on October 4, 2003

I’m totally going to admit a guilty pleasure right now. I was flipping through the stations this afternoon, and came across this movie, which I loved as a kid. What can I say, I had a thing for musicals when I was younger.

But a musical about a whorehouse? Seriously, what the hell were they thinking. Still, it was on today, and of course, as kid I just loved the songs. I never understood what the hell was going on. Now that I know, and I see how cheesy it really is, I love it that much more.

I just may even have to go out and buy the DVD.

picklejuice October 4, 2003 at 4:53 pm

Texas has a whorehouse in it – God have mercy on our souls!

I remember watching that with my dad when I was little. I had no idea what it was about – all I knew was that I got into some major trouble at school when the teacher overheard me singing that song.

Damn catchy whorehouse showtunes will getcha every time.

Big Bri October 4, 2003 at 5:07 pm

I have always wondered how Dom Deluise is still alive…after all Doctor’s tell you to watch what you eat and keep your weight down… I love Dom because he gives me hope to devour a box of Ring Dings everyday! God Bless Dom Deluise!

Isn’t Apple wine merely hard cider? But then again there are lots of fruit wines made here in MA…

buddha October 4, 2003 at 5:26 pm

When I was younger and saw that movie I thought I was going to see Dolly Parton’s funbags…
How disappointed was I when she didn’t show them.
I know…I’m pathetic.

Annessa October 4, 2003 at 5:33 pm

I’d write a really witty comment, but my mom never let me watch that.

kat October 4, 2003 at 5:45 pm

Statia, I got ya beat.
When I was little, we moved into a new house, the landlord had left books on the shelves (we were renting) the teacher asked us all to bring in a book. I was like in 3rd grade I think. This is one of the books from the shelf and the cover just looked cool. It had a house, lots of women in frilly dresses, looked neat. I had no idea what a whorehouse was. I brought it in.
Needless to say, my parents, my good christian go to church every damn day parents, got called in to school to answer questions about why their sweet little 8 year old girl was doing reading books like that…lmao

Amy October 5, 2003 at 10:39 am

I love that movie, too… and I’m recalling that my parents let us all watch it with them. Weird. Ohhh. I was a teenager when it came out, that might explain it some. Dang, it seems like I was a lot younger watching that.

LisaC October 6, 2003 at 10:13 pm