I can feel you breathe

by statia on October 4, 2003

Yes, I finally found a place to live. I don’t think it’s sunk in yet, cause I still have that feeling. It’s not even near where I wanted to live, but at the same time, I’m in a place right now where I can’t really afford to be picky. It’s got central air, hardwoods (I’m sure a blessing and a curse with a dog) and a washer and dryer, which is a must. It’s the space issue I’m worried about, it’s a bit smaller than what I have now, but at the same time, this spare bedroom, only housed this pc, and that’s it. My bedroom is signifigantly smaller, and I have a king, but I only have a dresser in my room right now aside of the bed, so it might not be that bad. The kitchen is actually a really nice size. An actual full sized kitchen!! I don’t really know what’ll fit where, but I’m not going to think about it right now. It’s within walking distance to restaurants and bars, which is a plus. I know my neighbors downstairs, well, neighbor right now. I met him over the summer through a friend of mine, and he’ll let me store some shit in the basement (which is technically part of their place) So that’s a cool thing too.

Maybe once I get my shit in gear and finish packing, It’ll sink in. Maybe I’m just deep down, hoping for that miracle of a chance that I’ll find something where I want to live. Maybe I should just stop thinking about it and take that as one less thing on my long list of shit to do.

Maybe I’ll head down to those bars tonight and meet some of the neighbors.

sphinx October 4, 2003 at 8:25 pm

HOLY EFFIN CRAP MAN!!!!!! YAY!!!!!! Oh thank GOD.

Lisa-grrl October 4, 2003 at 10:03 pm

Hey, am I going to have to help you move when I visit?!

jay October 4, 2003 at 10:23 pm

Congrats! Having just moved myself (literally, the last 3 days) it still doesnt seem like a big deal. I mean I’m in the new place, I love it but it feels like anywhere else I’ve lived and I own this place. I guess once I get my refund check next year then it will really sink in. :)

Anyway, packing sucks… unpacking is even worse, I think I’ll be doing it for the next 10 years. The only advise I can give is hire movers! I moved myself the last two times but I always had help and didnt have that much stuff. Well apparenly I accumulated alot in the past 4 years and it’s taken me twice as long as anticipated. Plus to make matters worse my help for the big things (couch, ent center, bureau) backed out and there is no way I can move that stuff myself. So I called a local moving company, they came and moved all those things plus my stereo speakers, tv and computer monitor and made it look easy! Unfortunately I didnt have any thing else boxed for them to take or else I would of had them do that. They were super nice guys too and they sure deserved the 20% tip I gave them. Next time I ain’t lifting a figure, the cost is well worth it, IMHO. Movers kick ass!

Amy October 5, 2003 at 10:23 am

What a relief, Statia! Glad you found a place, even if it’s not your dream apartment. It’s not permanent, YK? :-)

robyn October 5, 2003 at 7:38 pm

Oh thank goodness! Write me and tell me more when you get a chance!

meegan October 6, 2003 at 3:51 pm

yea dude! congrats. when is the house warming party? ;)

jim October 6, 2003 at 4:51 pm

congrats

Brian October 7, 2003 at 8:21 pm

Whew! Congrats S! Glad to hear you’re leaving your domestic centipede behind! :-)