Have a nice day

by statia on October 22, 2003

Last night I was excited to finally be getting cable again. Just for the background noise. I still don’t have a desk, so I won’t be setting up the computer until probably this weekend. Not to mention, I don’t have my sofa yet, so I’m just sort of doing a lot of wall staring.

The cable guy shows up last night, and proceeds to tell me, that he can’t install my cable because there are no lines running into my apartment. Yeah, did I mention that this woman must have lived with no phone or cable? There aren’t even any outlets. Why he can’t install it is becaue he needs written permission from the landlord to drill into the side of the house. CYA I guess, which is fine, but I really thought I was going to go ballistic, because my landlord is hard to get a hold of and is nowhere to be found. Not to mention he’s probably the stupidest person on the face of the earth. That’s not even a joke either. This guy’s picnic basket is empty. I’m beginning to think that “dumber” his trusty sidekick is smarter than he is. So now we’re going on 5 days with no tv, no internet. Lets see if he remembers to leave me a “permission slip”.

If I hear that song “Stacy’s Mom” one more time, I’m going to pry my ears off with a fork. Who the hell thought that made a hit single?

matt October 22, 2003 at 2:26 pm

it’s all because of the video. the song itself isn’t really all that special.

sphinx October 22, 2003 at 4:35 pm

Those two are quote a pair. Do you think they share a brain?

sledge October 22, 2003 at 5:24 pm

DUDE.

DUDE!

“Stacy’s Mom” is the SHIZNIT. It’s such a perfect “pop ” song that if it’s annoying, then it must be a hit. ;)

but then, i am a sucker for songs like that – verse/chorus/verse/etcetera. Fountains Of Wayne is actually a pretty decent band.

btw, I have been without cable since June, and haven’t missed it one bit.

Mace October 22, 2003 at 7:23 pm

I have loved Fountains of Wayne for years. It is kinda weird how the songs that becomes a hit isn’t nowhere near their best song.

LisaC October 22, 2003 at 9:26 pm

I love the video clip for that song- but I heard it on the radio last night and it sounded lame.

John Tobe October 22, 2003 at 9:56 pm

Hey, if you don’t have any specific show on cable that you want to see you could invest in a cheap pair of rabbit ears. I’d imagine you could find something that would come in ok as a sort of background noise. :-/

Jonathan October 23, 2003 at 1:45 am

Heh, great title icon.

jim October 23, 2003 at 9:56 am

maybe your land lord is not the casue of your cable problem. Question, did the cable guy look like Jim Carey? I’m just askin’…

Zoetrope October 23, 2003 at 5:08 pm

We had a similar problem once with a scarce landlord. We finally forged his signature. Also, found you by following links from Hey-Lisa.com and liked your blog, so the *click* you just heard was me blogrolling you.

flames_death October 28, 2003 at 8:51 pm

i loved stacy’s mom it was soooooooooooooooo kool i want belive u didnt like it it was like the best movie ever are u ppl like crazy or something or are u just stupid cause that was the best song ever but u all must be crazy so im not going to talk to CRAZY PPL

flames_death October 28, 2003 at 8:52 pm

stacys mom was the best song ever and i though it was kool i didnt get to see the video yet so i really want to see that soooooooo bad

go fish October 30, 2003 at 4:03 pm

Let the games begin!

So this is it. I might be checking my email tonight, but this will be my last post until sometimes…