Down in Fraggle Rock

by statia on October 28, 2003

I’m watching I love the 80′s strikes back. Which I am loving. Seriously though, some of the people they get for this show make me wonder what the hell they were thinking? Like Ashanti. She was born in 1982 for god sakes. How much of the 80′s does she remember? 1988? I want to slap Juliette Lewis. Michael Ian Black makes that whole show.

Does anyone’s dog not walk on sidewalk grates or metal trap doors? My dog refuses to walk on them. It kind of cracks me up.

BSTommy October 28, 2003 at 11:39 pm

I applaud the dog.

It’s just a small aberration in my personality, I guess. But I won’t walk on any of those grates. I’ll take my chances walking in traffic before I’ll step on one of those vents.

And I think the grating hurts the pads on their feet, especially if the dog is heavy.

jdiddy October 28, 2003 at 11:57 pm

Michael Ian Black definately makes I love the 80′s.

Pamela October 29, 2003 at 12:08 am

Hey Statia, check this out! You’re LISTED…

adi October 29, 2003 at 12:14 am

I walk a friend’s dog and the dog refuses to walk on sewer grates or manhole covers. Weird.

Annastazia October 29, 2003 at 12:30 am

Oh God, don’t get me started.. My dog has serious issues with storm drains, sidewalk grates, anything like that. She will freeze in the middle of the street and howl at the top of her lungs until we move away from them.
I think she needs some serious therapy.

tricia October 29, 2003 at 1:33 am

Cory’s dog refuses to walk on any type of grates… But then again, if he put his paw through one of those holes we’d probably never see him again

Mandie October 29, 2003 at 4:48 am

every dog I’ve met or owned has hated manhole covers and sewer grates. I know it has something to do with their pads and nails.

Richard j Smith October 29, 2003 at 4:54 am

I can ask my wife…she is a vet assistant.

matt October 29, 2003 at 8:31 am

it’s amazing the different takes people have on funny. i can’t stand michael ian black everytime him or mo rocca come on i just want to turn the channel. but i’m sure there are lots of things that i find funny that no one else does.

travis October 29, 2003 at 10:14 am

i can’t stand michael ian black. i like donal and mo. in terms of laugh factor though, mariah carey is the dopiest dope on the show.

Jenniy October 29, 2003 at 1:08 pm

My dog refuses to walk on metal grates also. But the weirdest thing? He absoutely refuses to walk through piles of leaves. If for some reason he can’t walk around the pile, he will actually just stop right in front of it and stare. Occassionally I kind of pull him through just to annoy him (hehe) and he spazzes and runs through like they’re on fire :)

the mighty jimbo October 29, 2003 at 6:21 pm

vh1 is seriously like crack for the couch potato. it’s intraveneous nostalgia.

Blondie October 30, 2003 at 12:44 pm

It wasn’t my dog, but my parents and yes she refuses to walk on them – so do I. I’m always afraid I’m going to fall in. I hated walking in NYC while I was there. I constantly had to avoid the crowd and the grates!

Brian October 31, 2003 at 5:18 pm

Had two dogs, both avoided storm drains very adamantly, whereas the collie also hated hardwood or linoleum floors. I’m guessing the storm drains because they’re intelligent enough that it’s most likely their paws would go right through the holes. As for the collie’s weirdness about slick surfaces, well, I’m guessing that was learned behavior from taking too many spills.

I do like Michael Ian Black too, FWIW (I still have my Pets.com Talking Sock Puppet!). Absolutely LOATHE Mo Rocca. I really wish Jon Stewart would put beat the crap out of him and dump his body off on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere…

Miss Tay November 7, 2003 at 6:44 pm

Some of those people were getting on my nerves. I usaully dig Juliette Lewis, but she was rubbing me the wrong on everything she talked about.

Michael Ian Black… A very strange little boy. But funny either way.