I’m not short, I’m “height challenged”

by statia on September 12, 2003

I was talking to a friend of mine yesterday, that I haven’t seen in about 3 or 4 years. She asked me: “so what are you driving these days?” I told her that I had an Expedition. This always gets uncontrollable laughter. She told me that I had the biggest Napoleon complex of anyone she knew.

She’s sort of right.

When I bought my car, we had two big dogs, and were in preparation for hopes of a family. We took our dogs with us everywhere, so it kind of made sense at the time. Clearly, now that it’s just me and g-man, I really don’t need a car that big, but at this point, I really don’t want to get into another car. Having to do a trade in and try to not get raped in the ass by some car dealer who thinks that I’m a girl so they can just walk all over me isn’t something I need on my plate right now. Besides the fact that, with school, and having to move, it just ain’t gonna happen with the down payment either. Especially since I kinda have my eye on this:

the volvo xc90 - 268 horses of power uh huh uh huh uh huh

And at 45k, I think I’ll keep my car for at least another year.

buddha September 12, 2003 at 11:27 am

LOL..
I thought I read in earlier posts that you had an Explorer…not an Expedition. Those things are huge!!
Now it all makes sense.
BTW..car buying is my expertise…if you ever need help..let me know.

skurdycat September 12, 2003 at 12:29 pm

ha ha ha height challenged. Just like my friend who is super skinny says that he is aerodynamically challenged.

Ryan September 12, 2003 at 1:33 pm

Great taste in cars. Those Volvo Suv’s are great!! My best friend is the used car manager at a dealership up here in tax-free New Hampshire. When you are ready to buy let me know and I will get you in touch with him. I hate dealing with car dealerships as well. Can never trust them. I have bought almost every one of my cars from him. He will treat you right. He just saved my sister like $5000 on a car. The drawback was I had to drive it to Colorado for her and deliver it. LOL. Don’t listen to Buddha, he will sell you his wife’s car!!!

Great site by the way!!

statia September 12, 2003 at 1:35 pm

Aww hell, Buddha would sell his wife. Heh.

Just kiddin’ Bud.

pi September 12, 2003 at 1:49 pm

i feel obligated to link to this. with much respect and best wishes.

statia September 12, 2003 at 1:55 pm

Pi, I’m well aware of SUV’s and the environment. However, compared to what I’m driving now, that car is a lot more efficient than what I have now. It won’t change my mind.

buddha September 12, 2003 at 2:39 pm

Given the right price..I would sell my wife.
heh..

jim September 13, 2003 at 5:26 pm

OK ..I got it ..you could just live in the Exedition for 6 months ’till you get the down payemnt for the VOLVO!!

Kevin September 14, 2003 at 11:24 am