Hell or high water

by statia on September 26, 2003

Lately, I’ve been slacking on my water intake. I used to be a big juice drinker. I’ve completely cut out juice (except in my vodka of course), and now just stick with water as my main beverage. The gallon of water has been sitting in my fridge for over a week now and it’s still ¾ of the way full. This isn’t a good sign. I figured I have to force myself somehow. I think I found the way.

Candy corn. I’ve been craving candy corn for like a week now. Candy corn makes me thirsty. I’ve already sucked down a litre of water in about two hours.

Granted, I’ll be gagging from constantly eating candy corn, but I’ll be well hydrated.

buddha September 26, 2003 at 12:09 pm

Candy corn that is:
white,yellow, orange
or
white,orange, brown.

There is a difference you know…
BTW..candy corn and water intake. You have the makings of pure sugar water in your belly…MMMMM…MMMMM!!

Stephanie September 26, 2003 at 2:33 pm

Mmm…. Candy corn + H2O = one fat-assed bride

*drool*

Jonathan September 26, 2003 at 3:32 pm

Unless the candy corn steals your water.

Dania September 26, 2003 at 4:55 pm

candy corn=ew ew ew I don’t think I can be your friend anymore.

sphinx September 26, 2003 at 5:00 pm

Mmmmmmmm corrrnnnnn.

ericalynn September 26, 2003 at 5:29 pm

i have tons of candy corn here. come on over and have some :)

Amy September 26, 2003 at 5:42 pm

20 Tips For Getting Your 8 Glasses of Water Daily

Sometimes drinking our eight glasses of water a day can be a real challenge Here are 20 tips to help you accomplish that feat! It is said by many beauty experts that drinking your water is the cheapest, quickest way to look better! That should motivate us!

1. Make a bet with a co-worker to see who can drink more water in the course of a day.

2. Have a big glass of water at every transitional point of the day: when you first get up, just before leaving the house, when you sit down to work, etc.

3. Make it convenient – keep a big, plastic, insulated water bottle full on your desk and reach for it all day.

4. When you have juice (apple, grape, or orange) fill half the glass with water.

5. When you have a junk-food craving, down a glass of water immediately. You feel full quickly and avoid the calories, and it lets time pass till the craving fades.

6. Have one glass every hour on the hour while at work. When the work day is done your water quota is met.

7. Substitute a cup of hot water with a drop of honey for tea or coffee.

8. While at work, get a 20 ounce cup of ice and keep filling it up from the office water cooler. The key is drinking with a straw – you take bigger gulps and drink much more.

9. Freeze little bits of peeled lemons, limes, and oranges and use them in place of ice cubes – it’s refreshing and helps get in a serving or two of fruit.

10. After each trip to the restroom, guzzle an eight-ounce glass to replenish your system.

11. Don’t allow yourself a diet soda until you’ve had two to four glasses of water. You will find that you won’t want the soda anymore or that just half a can is enough.

12. Let ounces of water double grams of fat: When eating something containing 10 grams of fat, I drink 20 ounces of water.

13. Drink two full glasses at each meal, one before and one after. Also, drink one glass before each snack so you don’t eat as much.

14. Carry a small refillable water bottle at all times and drink during downtime; while waiting in a bank line, sitting on the train, etc.

15. Use a beautiful gold-rimmed glass and fill it with cold water from the tap.

16. Drink two glasses of water immediately after waking up.

17. Bring a two-liter bottle of water to work and try to drink it all before you leave work. If you don’t finish, drink it in traffic on the way home – it’s like a race.

18. Always keep a 24-ounce bottle of water handy while watching TV, doing laundry, making dinner, etc.

19. Add drinking two glasses of water to your daily skincare regimen. Drink, cleanse, moisturize, etc., then drink again.

20. Drink your water out of a big Pyrex measuring cup – it’s a good way to keep track of how much water you are drinking.

Stolen from this site.

BSTommy September 26, 2003 at 10:15 pm

Looking at #1 on that list, I’ve actually done that. Out of boredom, more than a need to drink water. I won the contest, drinking nearly 3/4 of a gallon of water in an hour’s time.

Problem was, after the contest ended, my competition decided to barricade himself in the only bathroom in the building.

Yeah. Not a good time.

kim September 29, 2003 at 2:44 am

some of those water tips are great, actually. squirting a slice of lemon in your water may give it more flavor and entice you to drink it more. also, back when I had a job (which sometimes seems forever ago heh), I used the trips to the water cooler as a quick and easy way to take a break :)

the best way I’ve found to drink the water down is just to keep a big ol’ bottle (I keep the 2 liter ones) on hand at all time, and just drink straight from it (yeah, not so ladylike but shoot me). I tend to drink like 2L a day now. :)