Shakin at the high school hop

by statia on August 30, 2003

I just got an invitation to my high school reunion in November. I still haven’t decided if I’m going to go. I figure, If I haven’t kept in touch with you over the last ten years, then what’s the point? To see who got fat, and who got bald? To give yourself an ego boost?

Matt August 30, 2003 at 2:40 pm

I skipped my high school reason and actually regretted it slightly. There are a few people that I have been trying to keep in contact and they were disappointed that I wasn’t there. Especially the couple that came all the way from Japan.

Zuly August 30, 2003 at 2:56 pm

I went to mine last November because I was on the planning committee, and I honestly wanted to see some people just for curiousity sake… but the room was setup badly, so no one moved far from the door, where the bar was, so no one moved very far. It wasn’t worth my time. On the other hand, Seymour went to his 10th reunion after not keeping in touch with very many people and he had a blast.

tricia August 30, 2003 at 3:02 pm

Yeah dude. You’re smokin’. Go see all the girls that got fat that you used to hate. bwahaha.. I can’t WAIT to go to mine!

I hate you…. and I hate you… and I hate you… how ya doin’ ugly?? I hate you… Oh yeah, I really hate you……

ChrisTina August 30, 2003 at 3:40 pm

I am NOT going to mine. I graduated a year early so it would pointless because I don’t really know many of the people in the class of 2001. Now I might try to get to the 2002 reunion…hehe

Rob August 30, 2003 at 4:26 pm

Oh, I soooo skipped mine and never looked back. I managed to get out of my small town, and I really just didn’t need to see all of the others that are still there, doing the same old thing with the same old people. Just wasn’t worth the effort for people I wasn’t going to keep in touch with anyway.
On the positive side, everyone gets really drunk from what I understand, which is generally an okay thing.

Mike August 30, 2003 at 6:04 pm

I, against my better judgement, just recently attended my 10 year. I went to high school with people I would not associate with, and if they were still the same, would still not associate with, but I went anyway. I was actually pleasantly surprised by the niceness and found maturity of most of my fellow classmates. There were still some people acting as if they had not left high school, but for the most part, it was a pleasant experience, and a fun night.

Adelle August 30, 2003 at 8:12 pm

Our class was just a bunch of idiots. Someone finally got to planning a 12 year reunion, which ended up not going anywhere. They planned it at a horrible time, then next thing you know, they just don’t have it at all. And honestly, so many of the people I went to HS with still think they are in HS. So honestly, I am glad we did not have it…

Branille August 30, 2003 at 9:28 pm

awww, you should go!! you might see an old friend and reconnect with them and share sweet memories.

Shelly August 31, 2003 at 11:07 am

I went to my 10-year reunion. All the “popular” people in High School acted as aloof and “better than everyone else” as they did 10 years ago. One of them even…well, I won’t go into that, but she got even *worse* after 10 years away from everyone. The “smart” clique got worse, too – they all now have high-paying, great smart people jobs, and felt they were better than everyone else as well.

I hated high school. I was even one of the “popular” people, but it looks like I was the only one who reached any level of maturity. It was like hanging out with a bunch of 12-year-olds – still giggling about sex and trying to determine how much they were going to get drunk that night. The only good thing about it was that I hooked up with two old friends – they were fun to spend the evening with. They seemed to be the only two who had reached the same level of maturity I had. (Which was not much – but far better than anyone else there.)

I’m still probably going to go to the next one. Some sort of self-inflicting punishment. I’m just wanting to see if they get any better.

robyn August 31, 2003 at 6:06 pm

I did the website for mine and didn’t even bother to go. They had it at the VFW in a small Oklahoma town of 25,000 people. Just did not seem worth the airfare for us — I’m still in touch with the ones I want to be in touch with.

ChrisTina September 1, 2003 at 12:06 am

Your from the great OK Robyn?