Drive by blogging

by statia on August 23, 2003

It was a cardinal sin to have wasted the day cleaning. It was like 80 degrees, breezy and sunny. But I had to get it done, as the realtors are coming tomorrow in the afternoon. I could have gotten it done in an hour, but I sort of dawdled.

I went out for a short drive this afternoon, and noticed that gas went up ten cents in the last two days. Is that not the most insane thing? I had heard that there was going to be a pre- Labor Day spike and that it was normal, but ten cents is ridiculous. It’s never been that drastic. I’m trying to search anything to see if I can find out when they expect it to go down. The land barge isn’t cheap to fill when you start charging a buck eighty.

After that, I decided to grab some dinner at the local pub. I ordered a burger with cheddar, bacon, and mushrooms. What’d I get? A burger with american, bacon and onions. I will almost never send food back because I worked in the food industry, and I know what happens when you send something back to the kitchen. I’ve seen people lay the pain on a server on quite a few occasions. I’m not averse to that at all, and have had my fair share of words with restaurant folk, for shitty service, but it’s usually after all is said and done. I don’t want any sort of bodily fluids in my food.

Oh yeah, Dania sent me presents. I got Jimmy and some “sweet lovin lotion” heh. She must be wishful thinking for me. Thank you!!!

Tomorrow’s another kickass day. I think g-man and I are going to get out of the house and spend the day outside.

Niki August 24, 2003 at 12:17 am

$1.80/g? I’d take that price over what we’re currently paying. :o ( Phoenicians saw it spike 40+ cents in two days last week. Stupid busted gas pipe. We’re still paying about $2.06 a gallon. :o ( It really sucks to shell out $27 to fill ones tank when it used to cost just under $20. So I feel your pain.

theresa August 24, 2003 at 1:29 am

I went to Wendys tonight and order a Bacon Mushroom Melt, and I got a Bacon Mushroom Melt. And it was good. I love Wendys :)

robyn August 24, 2003 at 12:13 pm

Mmmmmm…free protein with purchase… ;-)

tj August 25, 2003 at 8:51 am

i went to macaroni grill a couple weeks ago and ate about half my chicken caesar calzonetta when i found a rubber band thingy. like the kind you either wear in your hair or wrap around meat. *gag*

the manager was great though. he comp’ed the meal, gave me a free dessert, and a coupon for next time i go!

that’s service. i love the restaurant and have never had a problem before, so he ensured i would still be coming back.

oh, and the waitress still god a good tip … it wasn’t her fault.

tricia August 25, 2003 at 10:48 am

I filled up my tank last night. I had to go to the 24 hours station and the gas was $1.79. It was $18 to fill up my tank and I didn’t even notice. I gave the guy a $20 and he gave me back a one and some change… so I was like “I gave you a $20″ he held it up and said “Yeah, you gave me this one. It was $18.” I turned around and was like HOLY SHIT. I’ve NEVER paid that much for gas.. Dammit. I was pissed. I still AM pissed. When are the water powered cars coming out??

Doll August 25, 2003 at 10:20 pm

AAARRGH…. I paid $1.88 today. Looks like my butt is staying local until after Labor Day.

Blondie August 26, 2003 at 1:05 pm

Sunday I drove by a gas station at 1 and the price was $1.54. When I drove by again at 2:30, it was $1.58. What a rip-off! And Iwas planning on getting gas there. Instead I crossed the border into SC and got it almost 10cent cheaper.