Today is geek day

by statia on July 31, 2003

I’ve been getting a lot of random comments on old entries lately. Way more than my fill. While I find them amusing, they’re growing in numbers. Annessa told me about a script that enables you to close comments after so many days. Dania helped me install it, and also installed it herself. All comments are now automatically closed after 30 days. The form box is still there, but you can no longer post a comment. You can find the script here.

First RSS, now this? What’s next?

dania July 31, 2003 at 2:09 pm

Ummmm-naaaaa You will succomb to geekdom

Joelle July 31, 2003 at 2:48 pm

Just out of curiosity, though… why does it matter? I mean, do you just not like getting comments from old posts or are they harrassing in some way? I guess I just don’t understand the point of the script.

I’m not trying to be bitchy. I’m honestly curious.

joy July 31, 2003 at 3:33 pm

Yeah, I’m curious too. Don’tcha love us? Don’tcha want our input seven months after the fact?

statia July 31, 2003 at 4:10 pm

Some of them are harrassing. Not so much that they’re harrassing more just stupid fucktarded 16 year old kids that are being, well, stupid. More than anything, it’s annoying to get comments on posts that are 8 months old. Was that you Joy? :o P

Iki July 31, 2003 at 5:19 pm

This has been pissing me off for a few weeks now. Thanks so much for the link! You rock. No really. :)

Jonathan August 1, 2003 at 5:24 am

I vote for midget boxing.

for3v3rzero August 2, 2003 at 10:19 pm

Close Comments

I just added the closecomments script to this site. So now any entry that is older than 14 days, the comments will be closed on those entries from now on. Here is the site that can explain the CloseComments script…

electric bugaloo dot com December 31, 2003 at 12:40 am

rolling over on an 8″ kickstand

A while back, Statia posted something about a script that enables you to close comments after a few days, so…