Mi casa es su casa

by statia on July 28, 2003

Everyone left yesterday. I tried my hand at taking a ride, but I’m so far behind on riding than I was last year at this time. Plus, I was tired, and cranky. It was hot, and muggy, and really windy. I just gave up. I came home and pigged out instead.

I ended up watching Perfect Match on abc family last night. It was on before Sex and the City. It’s another train wreck reality tv show. The premise? Two people who know you really well, pick three members of the opposite sex (out of a group of 25) to live with you for a week. Each of them gets their own week, and at the end, you meet the other 22 girls that weren’t picked to see if you click with any of them, or you can pick one out of the original three. Now, if you happen to like the first or second one a lot, you have the option to not go on. How practical does this sound?

Beat me senseless. Is this shit ever going to stop??

sledge July 28, 2003 at 5:18 pm

i read an article yesterday that the “reality TV” genre has pretty much died, and that it’s being used this summer as filler.

most networks are scrambling to come up with original programs to replace the reality stuff that isn’t already huge, like Survivor, Big Brother, etcetera.

Tracy July 28, 2003 at 5:19 pm

Just read about this one on CNN. Yeah, I’ll be passing on that kind of “reality”.

robyn July 28, 2003 at 5:40 pm

I propose a blogging reality show. Oh wait. That would be drama…not reality TV. ;-)

Stephanie July 28, 2003 at 5:51 pm

I was remotely curious about Reality TV waaay back when Survivor began, but then I stopped to consider that if my life (a reality) were a TV show, no one would watch it, so why would I want to watch [sensationalistic] shows about other nonentities’ lives?
Very happy to hear it’s pretty much dead… now all the unemployed Hollywood scriptwriters can stop doing stand-up comedy and get back to work!

Kevin July 28, 2003 at 8:57 pm

I’m still waiting for the day that someone runs a whole hour or more of the log burning in the fireplace. Or maybe that aquarium with the fish swimming by. That would rock.

Tys Miha August 4, 2003 at 11:42 pm

If they insist on doing this reality-crap, why not do something interesting, like pick someone off the street and give them a million dollars. That’s all.
They could call it “Real Millionaire”, “Sudden Wealth” or “Guerilla Sweepstakes” or some such, and just see what happens over the next, say, 2 months. That would be better than any of the other “real” junk on now.

I’m perfectly willing to be the first contestant, by the way.