Hair you are.

by statia on March 17, 2003

I’ve always had issues with hair. Finding a hair in my food is enough to warrant gagging, and forget about even being hungry. It’s like the best way to lose weight. Hmm maybe I should look into that as weight loss therapy. Anyway, I’ve got hair phobia. I hate cleaning out my brush. I hate finding hair on the bottom of the shower. I hate having a random hair on my sweater or worse, having it stuck somewhere that it’s rubbing on the back of my arm. Drives me crazy.

Dog hair, human hair, pubic hair, it doesn’t matter. It grosses me out. Even eyelashes. I worked at subway during my college years. I would often clean off the tables and find eyelashes on them. It wasn’t a rare occurence. I’d always gag and wonder what the fuck these people were doing to have eyelashes fall out. I wondered if they had some weird disease or if this was normal. I mean, what the hell were they doing, pulling them out in clumps?

Hair makes me gag.

Noggie March 17, 2003 at 12:53 pm

- so who wants to pick out a mohair sweater for Statia ;)

Joelle March 17, 2003 at 12:57 pm

Last week at work, I found a pube on my keyboard when I came in in the morning. Let me just say, it wasn’t my brand.

Ew. Looks like the night security guy is beatin’ it at my desk again.

yvonne March 17, 2003 at 1:25 pm

my hair falls out like crazy you know… am i still welcome? (freak) :)

Jonathan March 17, 2003 at 1:37 pm

Does petting or playing with Gromit agitate that phobia? Or is it just hair that has fallen out that makes you gag?

Elle March 17, 2003 at 2:03 pm

I hear you. I share a desk and chair at my work and every freaking Monday morning, I have to pluck long blond hairs off of everything. I gag every time.

robyn March 17, 2003 at 2:33 pm

Hair grosses me out, too — and I shed like a mo-fo and married a gorilla. Go figure. :-)

sphinxy March 17, 2003 at 5:36 pm

Damn, does this mean you found the hairball I hid in your bathroom?

Jules March 17, 2003 at 7:51 pm

I have long eyelashes and they actually tangle, so I pull them out constantly.

I have a hair-in-food story. (Wrote a song about it. Like to hear it? Here it goes) Let’s just say I found a hair in a sandwich I was eating. And when I pulled it out, I found out exactly where it ended, in the piece I was chewing on and in the process of swallowing. Bleh

Camille March 17, 2003 at 8:23 pm

I am cracking up getting a visual of you cleaning off the tables at Subway and gagging on an eyelash. Hair grosses me out too, but I don’t think it grosses me out like that. I have a different quirk, but I take it to the same extreme as you do the hair thing.

jadedju March 17, 2003 at 9:48 pm

I”m so with you on this, including the intense feeling that I am about to vomit. I am most queasy this way in the mornings. I actually have to work not to throw up on a way too regular basis.

Amy March 18, 2003 at 9:56 pm

Freak.
;-)

I have to say that’s one of those *things* that I never understood bothering people. I need to reach inside and find my inner frightened of hair child.

Paul March 19, 2003 at 1:41 am

You would hate me, i have hair far below my waist, although not much comes out. Barely any really.

Ginger July 27, 2003 at 9:20 am

My God. I thought I was the ONLY person on earth who felt that way. Pubic hair and eyelashes make me gag. While brushing my teeth in the mornings, I have to squeeze my eyes shut, lest I see a big curly one laying on the bathroom floor. If I am using the bathroom — same drill. Because if I see one, constipation is the result, and I have to get out of that bathroom.

I have been known to get up in the middle of the night with a flashlight, searching the bathroom floor with a dust-buster and a roll of tape. Talk about “Night Raid”.

This very topic is making me dizzy right now, and my hands are beginning to shake.

God, there’s nothing worse than drinking a tall, cold glass of lemonade, and letting your eyes wander into your glass….and spotting a single cat hair doing the back-stroke through the pulp towards your lips.

OH……GOD.

Okay….time to change the subject.