Don’t run with scissors

by statia on January 20, 2003

There’s a reason why your parents taught you not to do stupid things like run with scissors, or roller skate in the house. When you were younger, you thought it was because they were mean and didn’t want you to have any fun. As you got older, and moved out on your own, you realized that it was because they didn’t want you to break anything, or get hurt. Well, the same goes for playing ball in the house. Seeing as how I pay the bills, I can do whatever the hell I damn well please. g-man and I play ball in the house all the time. Until tonight. When I proceeded to kick his big boy ball™ across the room and it landed square on the end table and slid the lamp and my Williraye Studio snowman on the floor. My poor snowman’s skis had broken off. I had glue, so it wasn’t a huge deal, but still. I guess we won’t be playing ball in the house anymore.

I think I’ll go and jump on the bed.

robyn January 20, 2003 at 10:55 pm

The first time I ever owned my own furniture, I finished off my McDonald’s fries and wiped my hands on the cushions. It felt so good. And so very, very bad. Do they make a Hallmark for “sorry you broke your snowman”?

jay January 20, 2003 at 11:17 pm

I never play ball in the house, mostly because it’s no fun having to fetch it yourself. So instead I ride my mountain bike. I’ve got a sunken living room and its great for tricks and jumps off the stairs! I bet your parents never told you not to do that! :)

tj January 21, 2003 at 9:44 am

This one time … at home … I was chasing my cats around and scaring them (great fun watching them skid on hard wood floors). Well, the big, fat, tubby, siamese jumped up on the couch and out the front window. Broke right through. Keep in mind, this is the cat that can’t jump up on the bed. She has to jump half way, dig her claws in and use her foreleg strength to pull herself the rest of the way. So she jumps through the window (single pane), hits the ground and keeps running without missing a beat. The most graceful I’ve ever seen her. She was OK, but it cost $50 and it was the last time I chased them around the house.

Noggie January 21, 2003 at 10:27 am

In some pictures, Gromit looks like a big young puppy. Yeah, I am a HUGE Gromit fan – is there a fan club?

tanya January 21, 2003 at 1:50 pm

they make this sticky stuff, kinda like silly putty, that you can use to stick your knick-knacks and figurines down. then you can keep playing ball in the house. a girl’s gotta have priorities. i like roller blading in the house, but my pooch also doesn’t fetch.

ste January 21, 2003 at 10:06 pm

What’s wrong with roller skating in the house?? I *still* do that. :D Stairs are a bit tricky, but other than that, it’s great fun! ;)

paul January 21, 2003 at 10:59 pm

What about baseball in the house? With regular bats and balls?! Hmmmm, my landlord would kill me.