I’m dreaming of a white Christmas

by statia on December 5, 2002

Yeah, sure. When I don’t have to get up and fucking drive to work in it with all the assholes that can’t drive under normal conditions. It’s a mess here. They’re calling 5-10 inches around the Philadelphia area. You’d think I’d be all happy to get the ol’ beast all gussied up and ready for some SUV fun. I got my car last year and haven’t really had the chance to test it out in the snow yet. To hell with that. My windshield wipers decided to rip today. They haven’t plowed any of the roads yet. Not even the major ones. People are driving insanely fast for this type of weather, wrecking left and right. I would have stayed home, but unlike the south, businesses don’t close down unless there’s practically a state of emergency. State of emergency is like 20 inches. This is just pretty much a minor inconvenience.

Some people are happy that today is a snow day. I would be too if I was curled up at home, or outside playing with g-man. Right now though, I’m cursing the fucking white shit.

sphinx December 5, 2002 at 10:03 am

Dont hate me because I am snuggly…..

your lil ho December 5, 2002 at 10:08 am

just be glad todd doesn’t live in your area and that he’s not driving behind you… hahahahha (i’m still laughing at that story)

statia December 5, 2002 at 10:10 am

bwahahahah. Yeah, thank god for that.

Veshka December 5, 2002 at 10:48 am

It could be worse. That sounds like every day it snows around here. Sure, being from the Great White North, one would think we would know how to drive in snow, but I assure you, for every decent driver there’s at least 10 assholes who speed and have faulty ABS.

Meredith December 5, 2002 at 10:49 am

Ohhh, I can hardly wait for it to get to Boston just in time for my commute home… the fucknuts will be out in full force, I’m sure! Thanks for the warning. ;)

Jason D- December 5, 2002 at 12:55 pm

It wasn’t too bad here when I got back but this IS Chicago and now I live a quarter mile from the lake so I’m sure I’m gonna have a snowed in winter. Gotta love midwest winters :-/

Chuck December 5, 2002 at 1:15 pm

As I tell all the morons who move up here to Maine and buy SUV’s 4 wheel drive only helps you go, not stop. And how many accidents are cause by not being able to go, next to none. So go slow and remember if they have a Mass plate pull into someones driveway and wait untill they are in the ditch. (No insult to mass people of course)

Paul December 5, 2002 at 2:00 pm

Hey, there! Up here in Minnesota it used to be required that you learn to drive, stop and start, on ice. Of course that led to Mo-Rons driving on frozen lakes that weren’t frozen enough to the weight of a car.

P.S. If NASCAR really is a sport, why don’t they drive on ice?

nastybastard December 5, 2002 at 3:18 pm

Nobody knows how to drive in the snow here in Virginia either. People need to slow down.

Quinn December 5, 2002 at 4:47 pm

Fuck I hate snow. Fuck. Fawk!

Stephanie December 5, 2002 at 4:52 pm

holyshit… it’s the friggin’ apocalypse! it’s snowin’ to beat the banjo in the mid-Atlantic, and fucking SUNNY in Seattle! but, it’s a cold sunny, with lots of sunny brightness, and it’s on my monitor!
i know, you feel no sympathy. don’t get buried (or hit) and know that i love you.