Oh helllllllllllll no!

by statia on August 19, 2002

Ok, so I had to go to the grocery store after work today. So I go in and out in like record time. I come out, load up my car, and I hear this dog barking. It’s coming from a car. Normally, I wouldn’t think much of it, but it’s close to 100 degrees out today, no jackass in their right mind would leave a dog in a hot car with the windows cracked. There was a cop who killed his dog that way (accidentally) and so there’s been all sorts of stuff all over. I mean hell, there’s stuff all over anyway, just because of stupid people leaving their kids in the car. Something came over me. A wave of sheer anger so bad. I came really close to breaking the windows. I was pissed. I was just about connected to the local S.P.C.A. on my mobile when this dumbass lady comes out and opens up her hatch on her suv and pulls out a golden retriever puppy. A PUPPY!! Not that it makes it any better if it’s an adult dog, it’s still so very very wrong. What is wrong with people? I almost said something to her, but I had my own dog at home to tend to, and I was so mad, I might have done something that warranted calling the cops, only to listen to her muster up some lame ass excuse that she was only inside for five minutes. The temperature in a car can raise extremely quickly in a car on hot days like today. Leave your dog at home! People like that should roast in hell. Or maybe their own cars.

Trish August 19, 2002 at 8:24 pm

That’s so wrong. I’ve come home before and driven back just so I don’t leave the dog in the car on a COOL day. People are idiots and she doesn’t deserve to own a cute little retriever puppy.

Camille August 19, 2002 at 8:36 pm

why are people so f’n stupid?!

dick August 19, 2002 at 8:39 pm

What a fucking idiot. I would have so lit into her…. Bitch.

Frankie August 19, 2002 at 10:14 pm

I have a friend who owns a German Shepherd and when we go out with the dog we do one of two things:

1. go somewhere where the dog is welcome to come in with us (ie: petsmart, etc)

2. take a bag of ice cubes and a gallon of water and her waterdish. Even then, one of us stays in the car with the pooch, windows down.

Those are the only two ways to travel with a pup on a hot day.

Stephanie August 20, 2002 at 11:48 am

don’t waste your energy on idiots like her. instead, keep a camera and a notepad handy at all times. i’m sure the S.P.C.A. would love a photo of that… including the license plate, make and model. evidence, my friend, evidence….

statia August 20, 2002 at 11:54 am

Yeah, in the mean time. I don’t want some poor dog dying because of one persons stupidity.

GeekGrrl August 20, 2002 at 1:25 pm

I totally and completely agree with you, and it pisses me off to no end when people do that shit. I still maintain that you should have to have a license, indicating you have at least *marginal* intelligence, before you can own an animal.

Sphinx August 20, 2002 at 9:22 pm

ARG!!! That makes me sooo MAD. People are such effing idiots I swear. Poor pup.

Jake August 21, 2002 at 2:15 pm

You should
1-get the licence plate number and report it to the cops and ASPCA.

2 write the bastard a note